Video delay on one of two video inputs

NISIO

I am planning on using a sony A7S3 and GP Hero 8 to record and stream. The a7 is what is delaying.
Pre recording and recording I have the same delay time of around 1-2 seconds. I have at points on restarting and fiddling with settings, I have managed 30 seconds max non delayed video. I Have not been able to replicated this though each time it has been different. All leading back to the delay on the video.
When using the Sony's software there is no delay. It's only inside OBS.
Audio is not delayed only the a7 video stream.

Thanks !

Last edited:

NeverQui

Same. I'm experiencing a delay in the OBS preview window while recording and not recording. I'm using a Canon 90D with an M1 Mac. I've used this combo just fine for at least a year, and suddenly there's a delay. It's a real problem. A few people haven't posted on the OBS Discord channel, but still no fix. I was hoping the next update would solve this, but I tried the beta this week, and same issue. It's strange, because I've changed nothing in my setup, and I've been using OBS for years.

Lawrence_SoCal

It's strange, because I've changed nothing in my setup, and I've been using OBS for years.
Seriously, you have NOT done ANY Operating System updates in that time? You haven't updated any related drivers? Assuming you have, then realize your statement about not changing things isn't true - You are running patched/updated/changed code. And what about what you are running in the background?

And to make matters worse you are running a computationally demanding workload (OBS) in an emulation mode (and that emulation mode has had updates)

NeverQui

Seriously, you have NOT done ANY Operating System updates in that time? You haven't updated any related drivers? Assuming you have, then realize your statement about not changing things isn't true - You are running patched/updated/changed code. And what about what you are running in the background?

And to make matters worse you are running a computationally demanding workload (OBS) in an emulation mode (and that emulation mode has had updates)
I accept changes must have occurred. For one, my setup doesn't work like it did, so something must have changed.

I haven't updated MacOS. I don't update unless something doesn't work, and even then, it's the last resort. I don't know if macs have drivers, but I haven't updated any. I've updated OBS, but my setup was working on the version I have. I don't know if/when/how Rosetta gets updated, if that happens automatically without updating MacOS. I'm using the exact same gear and haven't updated the firmware ( The Canon 90Ds have had no firmware updates, and I can't find any firmware update for my two Camlink 4ks, if there are ever any.) No update to the Caldigit TS3+ dock, but I tried bypassing it with no change. I'm not running anything in the background that I wasn't before, and I've tried closing every single thing running, and get the same result. I have a second M1 Mac Mini with almost nothing installed besides OBS (no plugins), and the same delay exists. I tried updating that Mac to the new OS, no change. And my brother, who has an iMac and a different-ish setup is experiencing the same delay I am, out of the blue.

I should mention that I used to stream using a 16 inch Macbook Pro 2019, and a iMac 2020 almost full spec, the iMac with added ram, and they both struggled with my stream. When I switched over to the M1 Mac Mini, the performance was outstanding. Temperatures stayed crazy low, fans were never heard even after streaming for over two hours, and life was beautiful. I was streaming like a dream, until one day, lag.

I'll add that, I've noticed a few of the podcasters I watch on YouTube streaming live have started to get delays as well, usually when they have a guest on, and I'm pretty sure those are the ones using Macs.

Again, I accept something must have changed. I've tried to figure out what. I've tried to remove/bypass everything I can think of. I tried another DSLR, another capture card, another Mac. I've tried older versions of OBS. I just don't get it. I'm open to suggestions.

I have not knowingly made any changes, but I do accept something has changed.