Very Choppy Footage While Recording Destiny 2

TreasureHun7er5

Hello, as the title says, I am having an issue with recording Destiny 2. I've gone through a few forums and videos and tried everything but I have not had any success.
I am still decently new to using OBS and my settings are mostly based off of a video I watched.

Here is my most recent log from a short test recording.

My specs:
GPU - RTX 3060
CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
RAM - 32 GB
Game and OBS are on a 2TB SSD

Any help would be appreciated.

qhobbes

1. One of your audio devices has a sample rate that doesn't match the rest. This can result in audio drift over time or sound distortion. Check your audio devices in Windows settings (both Playback and Recording) and ensure the Default Format (under Advanced) is consistent. 48000 Hz is recommended.
OBS Sample Rate: 48000 Hz
Headphones (OneOdio A70 Stereo): 44100 Hz
Microphone (Yeti Stereo Microphone): 48000 Hz
2. Display and Game Capture Sources interfere with each other. Never put them in the same scene (Nest - Audio).
3. Set Multipass Mode to Single Pas and disable Psycho Visual Tuning and Look-Ahead. Those use additional GPU.
4. Please also be aware that if your game is running 144 FPS and your output is 60 FPS, then this means that your output is basically 5 out every 12 frames. Which 5 are they? I don't know, but if your game is 120 FPS and output is 60 FPS, then it's 1 out 2 frames and that seems smoother.

Last edited:

TreasureHun7er5

1. One of your audio devices has a sample rate that doesn't match the rest. This can result in audio drift over time or sound distortion. Check your audio devices in Windows settings (both Playback and Recording) and ensure the Default Format (under Advanced) is consistent. 48000 Hz is recommended.
OBS Sample Rate: 48000 Hz
Headphones (OneOdio A70 Stereo): 44100 Hz
Microphone (Yeti Stereo Microphone): 48000 Hz
2. Display and Game Capture Sources interfere with each other. Never put them in the same scene (Nest - Audio).
3. Set Multipass Mode to Single Pas and disable Psycho Visual Tuning and Look-Ahead. Those use additional GPU.
4. Please also be aware that if your game is running 144 FPS and your output is 60 FPS, then this means that your output is basically 5 out every 12 frames. Which 5 are they? I don't know, but if your game is 120 FPS and output is 60 FPS, then it's 1 out 2 frames and that seems smoother.
My in game frames were 100% the problem, I had them capped at 120, changed it to 60 and its working perfectly now. Thank you