Question / Help Very Bad Rendering Quality

Armand952

Hi, I have a big issue with obs when I record my game.

It hasn't happened before and it's very annoying, I can't make any video with this quality. I tried everything: changing the parameters, looking on forums... nothing helped.
The render is very bad, especially for the contrast. I think the contrast is broken? (Yes that's not possible haha).
But can someone help me?
Here's a youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zBq6G5Lspo
And I have to note that when I upload the video the quality is better than when I watch it on my computer, but the quality is still as bad.
Here's a screenshot of the quality when I watch the video on my computer (Even worse than on youtube).
sqcreenshot-min.PNG

You'll probably think that the problem is my video viewer, but even on youtube, the quality is very bad and it has never been like that before.

And here's my OBS parameters :
screenqudhozd.PNG

Oh and I can't upload any log file because obs don't crash and its a rendering problem.. and the last log file is from last year... so not very helpful.
Also, the record preview in obs when I'm recording is fine and the quality is very good! But not the output file...

Thank you in advance! :)

FerretBomb

OBS generates a logfile each time it is run. Go to the Help menu, Log Files, Upload Last Log File to upload the log from the previous time OBS was started and exited. You can also 'upload current log file' to do that, after you do a recording session at least 30 seconds in length. It will let us get a much better idea of what's happening.

First though, don't watch back your videos in "Films and TV", the default Windows media player. It's awful. Download VLC, which is a free, open-source video player which is NOT awful.
YouTube re-encodes everything uploaded, it can take time for the full-quality version to be available, and even then it suffers re-encoding.

Is there a reason you need Advanced Output Mode? It's STRONGLY advised that unless you have a specific need, for recording-only, swap back to Simple Mode, set the Recording Quality to Indistinguishable, and use a hardware-based encoder like NVENC if available.
It will give MUCH better quality than the settings in your screenshot.
If you do need Advanced for some reason, swap to CQP/CRF quality-target based rendering, you do not want to use CBR/VBR when recording. There's no need to worry about an absolute bitrate when you're recording to a local disk, after all... that's only needed to manage the streaming bottleneck.