Question / Help Using two avermedia live gamer hd. at the same time, help!

Wipspeed

Do any of you know of its possible to run two avermedia live gamer hd pcie at the same time in the same PC.
i have a dedicated live streaming pc where i have one avermedia live gamer hd atm. got it back in 2012.
been wanting to get one more so i can live stream from my guest rig as well at the same time,

I'm just wondering of there will be any conflicts between having two of the same capture cards in the same PC.

this video is just an example. where i was using the avermedia live gamer hd pcie. and my friend was using the elgato game capture hd. throw the dedicated live streaming pc

Any help is appreciated,

Last edited:

paibox

heros in an halfshel
Re: Using two avermedia live gamer hd. at the same time help

With the current version of OBS, there might be an issue that is preventing the use of two Live Gamer HD cards at the same time, though I am hoping for the person who initially reported it to get back to me about it.

I myself have four capture cards in my PC, and I can use all of them at the same time, but they're not LGHD cards.

Wipspeed

Re: Using two avermedia live gamer hd. at the same time help

paibox said:
I myself have four capture cards in my PC, and I can use all of them at the same time, but they're not LGHD cards.

Is it four of the same capture card you are using ??

paibox

heros in an halfshel
Re: Using two avermedia live gamer hd. at the same time, hel

I have three of the same model, and one different. I expect that many capture cards will work (unless driver limited) with several cards of the same model.

I am not sure if the LGHD actually DOES have an issue with more than one card with the latest fixes, I just know that it MIGHT. I unfortunately can't confirm it, as I can't test it myself.

Boildown

Other people have used two LGHDs in Windows (according to Avermedia forums), so its not a hardware or Windows limitation. The limitation might be with OBS, from the sounds of it at least.

paibox

heros in an halfshel

Boildown pls. I'm saying there MIGHT be an issue using two LGHD cards with the current release version of OBS, because one guy reported it as not working and then disappeared forever before I could get him to test a potential fix for it.

Everything I said was entirely related to OBS, not to the LGHD in any way, other than it being used with OBS.

Boildown

That was not me contradicting you, fyi.

Wipspeed

I know its possible to use two of the same webcams on OBS at the same time.
and was wondering of it was possible to do the same with two of same capture cards for live streaming.
the two capture cards i have atm. is the avermdia live gmaer hd and the elgato game capture hd.

and the problem is that my second PC do not wanna show any picture throw the elgato game capture hd,

I'm running triple monitors on both my PC's and have a dvi-d splitter for both of them
and it work on my main Rig. my main Rig is using the avermedia live gamer hd where my second Rig would not work with the elgato game capture hd,

I'm using a 3rd PC which is dedicated for Live streaming / recording.
here are the specs

Live Streaming / Recording Setup
Mobo: MSI B75MA-P45
CPU: Intel i7 3770 3.4Ghz
CPU: Cooler: Corsair H40 Hydro
GPU: Intel HD4000
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 2x8GB
SSD: Samsung SSD 840 120GB for OS
HDD: TOSHIBA 1TB 2.5"
CTC: Avermedia Live Gamer HD PCI-E
ASC: SoundBlaster Recon3D PCI-E
PSU: Corsair CX 600W
___
Extra.
Mixer: BEHRINGER PRO MIXER NOX303 Premium 3 Channel
Studio MIC: SE Electronic X1
17m3.jpg

and here's the full setup. sorry for the mess i am working on making it look cleaner,
tl76.jpg

Boildown

I like the bed feature.

You might try some higher end equipment designed for multiple simultaneous inputs, if you're as willing to spend some coin on getting things very nice as it seems.

Check some of the capture cards in this thread, for example: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1180

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin

Well, as far as we know, using multiple capture devices should work fine, especially in the latest test version of OBS. So you should be fine.

Wipspeed

So getting a second Avermedia live gamer hd.
should not be any problem running both of them at the same time in the same PC,

Sounds like i'm getting one more here next month.

Thanks for the help everyone

Wipspeed

Yeah it did. Here's a video where i'm using my two Avermedia live gamer hd at the same time + two Logitech c920 Pro.
The video is from a lan party. and its in "Danish"

Last edited:

Wipspeed

Just wanted to post an updated, on how it looks and sound so far. With the Dual Avermedia live gamer hd Capture Cards

Xenmic

My wife and I are trying to do the same and having no luck. We had originally bought 2 Elgato HD60 Pro's but they both won't fit in the new PC as the vid card covers the extra slot., so we bought an Elgato HD60S. The problem we are having is the OBS software won't see both cards. We've been trying several different things but nothing works. We would love some help from anyone that can. We stream nightly at 7pmAST at www.twitch.tv/xenandcl so you can see what we are trying to do. We are both playing on separate Xbox One's and both have separate Mic's. Everything seems to be good except we can't get the 2 cards to work at the same time. I have a feeling we may have to buy a 4th card which will have to be the AVerMedia Live Gamer Extreme which means another $300 on top of the $750 we've already spent. We truly need some help.

Boildown

My wife and I are trying to do the same and having no luck. We had originally bought 2 Elgato HD60 Pro's but they both won't fit in the new PC as the vid card covers the extra slot., so we bought an Elgato HD60S. The problem we are having is the OBS software won't see both cards.

You're talking about Elgato in a 2.5+ year old thread about Avermedia devices. You should make a new thread and/or search for a similar thread about Elgato devices.

As it turns out, @LtRoyalShrimp can provide a special driver to get certain Elgato cards to work simultaneously, as described here: https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/2-elgato-one-pc-with-obs-stream.47937