Using the same PTZ camera in mutiple scenes with a different setting.

huogas

Hi

Maybe it's a newbie question (I am a newbie...). Sorry if it's the case.

I'm using a USB PTZ camera that could be adjusted using OBS in the source popup by the Video configuration button.
At first I thought : "I will create many scenes , each of them using the PTZ camera with a different setting in the source video configuration.

I was wrong because I cannot select the same camera more that ounce. I cannot either choose the same camera with another scene because the camera settings will be the same for all scenes using that source.

The question...Considering that I can control the camera within OBS using the sources fields, is there a way, a trick, to built many scenes (eg: Singer close-up, Drummer close-up, Guitarist close-up, etc) , all the scenes using the same PTZ camera with a different setting ?

Thanks for your answers, for your help.

Gaston

FishBytes

CamController.com can help with that, you can setup a web request for each scene, and then when you activate that scene OBS will tell CamController to go to the relevant preset. This should work for multiple cameras each with their own presets depending on how you are setup. The USB camera will be setup on a particular scene, and then you will add the existing source to each other scene you are working with.

Visit the Guides section of CamController.com to find the "Call Presets from OBS Guide"

Thanks
Chris Raasch

huogas

@FishBytes
I don't know if you are the one who called me on the phone, but it was said that a new version with specifics for AVer PTZ would be made available. Is it the case ? I was supposed to receive an email about it...

Thanks,

Gaston

huogas

Somebody knows if Fish Bytes (CamController) is still operating ? They don't seem to react neither to email, neither to tickets ?

Thanks for sharing if you have some information.

Gaston

re: @FishBytes

RAS1000

Somebody knows if Fish Bytes (CamController) is still operating ? They don't seem to react neither to email, neither to tickets ?

Thanks for sharing if you have some information.

Gaston

re: @FishBytes
I sent an email late yesterday afternoon to info@camcontroller.com and received a telephone call in response about an hour later.

Our church just ordered an AviPAS PTZ camera and we want to incorporate the presets into OBS Studio. My reading is that the PTZOptics Open Source plugin might forget the preset settings when the computer is powered down. I then found an entry in this forum that mentioned www.camcontroller.com.