Question / Help Using a Zoom Meeting as a source for a newbie

seanayb

Hi smart streaming people,

Here's what I'm trying to do: create a live cabaret show streamed to YouTube, hosted by two people in two different locations. They will banter back and forth, play videos (on my hard drive), interact with YouTube comments live (or live-ish if there's a delay, which we can deal with), and collect donations for our community theater company.

Here's what I've figured out so far: how to Window Capture my Zoom videochat between me and other parties and go back and forth between that Zoom window and the movies I have on my hard drive, and stream the whole thing to YouTube. Test video I made with just me and my sister "co-hosting": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xajSdTklTh0

Here's my problem: the audio from my sister sounds like ass. I think it's because my microphone is listening to my Macbook Air speakers. I'd like for OBS to just get audio directly from my microphone and from hers, or at least from zoom (rather than listening to my speaker output in this Human Centipede of audio). Inevitably, I'm not going to be one of the two "hosts" for this event--they'll be at other computers in other locations and I want their audio to come into the stream about as well as the clip that I played in the above-linked video.

Can somebody help?