Upload Speeds Reducing and Heavily Fluctuating After 5 Seconds - Only Computer With Issue on Network

NotZelda

Hey guys,

I have the strangest issue that I have no other solution for than pleading for internet help.

I just moved into a new house and set up my streaming computer again only to find a very high amount of fluctuation and a downward trend in my upload speeds even though my internet upload bandwidth far exceeds the 6000kbps that I'm aiming for. I have tried everything posted here: https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/dropped-frames-disconnecting-lag-read-this-first.8870/

The thing that's extremely strange is my PC is the ONLY computer to have this issue, even when matched with identical settings, chords, etc. The others have fluctuations as well, but not enough for it to be a problem. I have even gone as far as resetting windows already and cannot figure out why this would continue to happen and has already consumed a better part of a day trying to figure it out.

Please if you have any suggestions or have seen this before. I recognize this is most likely not an OBS issue, but maybe people have seen it before.

Attachments

• 2021-03-31 15-11-14.txt
    159.2 KB · Views: 51

Lawrence_SoCal

[sarcasm] gotta love how streamelements pukes all over the logs...

I see you are using a wired connection good. Have you checked your router to make sure nothing unexpected using your bandwidth?

Or
Your log is FULL of
15:19:19.941: obs-browser[2]: CONSOLE: Stream is offline (source: https://obs.streamelements.com/yoin...5197042d2405.bundle.js?79ef914ad77579951b59:2)​
15:19:21.546: [rtmp stream: 'simple_stream'] bitrate decreased to: 3400​
15:19:24.788: obs-browser: WebSocket connection to 'ws://127.0.0.1:9423/' failed: Error in connection establishment: net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED (source: file:///E:/NotZelda/lioranboard/tsl_transmitter.html:173)​

maybe a plugin or two acting up?

NotZelda

SOLUTION: Very sorry guys for late reply as I immediately started after I found a fix. In OBS i had a setting that was trying to automatically reduce my bitrate to a lower level when it noticed it was going to drop frames. The problem is it would never move it back up. And with this internet I lose a bunch of bitrate like once for a couple seconds every 20 minutes or so. This meant this setting kept reducing my bitrate lower and lower until i was at only about 500kbs when in reality if left at the full 6000kbps i only drop less that 0.4% throughout a stream. The much better option in my opinion. This setting is under Settings -> Advanced -> Network -> "Dynamically change bitrate to manage congestion" turning this off fixed my problem.