[unsupported] Datapath Vision Capture

[unsupported] Datapath Vision Capture 20130903

Boildown

It should be detected. Make sure your motherboard is set correctly, often times due to limited PCIe lanes the 8x and 4x PCIe slots have to have certain BIOS settings changed for them to work.

Boildown

Random Ebay check. Lots of cheap Datapath stuff on there this time. This is probably the best deal though:

RGB E1: https://www.ebay.com/itm/112633078329 $56 USD
RGB E1S: https://www.ebay.com/itm/112198559131 $105 USD

The caveat is that they're all on low-profile brackets. So you'd have to risk running them bracketless in a normal profile case, or try to cludge something. My original E1S I cludged something from a $5 video card that looked like it would work. Now-a-days I'd probably try to 3D print one....

LimeiBook86

- so far wasn't able to get the plugin working on 32bit classic (latest) with my E1s... it shows first frame and freezes there,
studio was picking up the card but showed no image at all, somewhere up until the point when i created a custom resolution in the EDID (i just upped the pixel clock to 165hz on a regular 1920x1080 rez and it started to work,
also mine was showing glitched image, sort of partial color information with a single link DVI cable, Dual Link works great.

Can you please elaborate on how you got your E1S working in OBS Studio?

I can get my capture working via VirtualDub and in the Vision viewer app, but in OBS Studio when I add the Video Device, it shows a blank screen. The default options don't seem to work and even manually typing in a resolution (like 1024x768 which the device being captured is outputting) and selecting a resolution didn't seem to do anything at all.

Did you enter in a custom resolution in OBS? or did you alter an EDID on your PC? It's a little hard to follow. Any additional information would be great. Thanks!

yanis31

Can you please elaborate on how you got your E1S working in OBS Studio?

I can get my capture working via VirtualDub and in the Vision viewer app, but in OBS Studio when I add the Video Device, it shows a blank screen. The default options don't seem to work and even manually typing in a resolution (like 1024x768 which the device being captured is outputting) and selecting a resolution didn't seem to do anything at all.

Did you enter in a custom resolution in OBS? or did you alter an EDID on your PC? It's a little hard to follow. Any additional information would be great. Thanks!
Hello!
i do not have my system to test at the moment and my memory is a bit blurry on the exact procedures in the datapath driver
-but like i said "altering the capture card's EDID via the datapath driver/software" was the key to get it working! and all i did was enter a 1920x1080p resolution with 165 pixel clock.

before doing this i had the same issue as you - everything in obs working except no image from the capture card, this fixed it and i was able to stream flawlessly in rgb mode and everything!

DeMoN

But what's the problem OBS has lol.
All other software has no problem.
I use 2560x1600 @ 120hz @ 542 Mhz Pixelclock.
Every program runs, even OBS Classic. Just OBS Studio stays black.

Would also be great if this plugin could be ported to OBS Studio. Even better would be if ffmpeg would support it in the commandline itself. For normal captures (no livestream) I dont need the performance eating scene composition. I use ffmpeg for it directly.

Boildown

Random ebay check, DVI-DL spotted for $500: https://www.ebay.com/itm/112659790011

Has 10 of them available, so you can maybe bargain down a bit. I've had mine for years now (see this thread), a great capture card if you still have a dual link DVI connection on your GPU (I think they mostly still do).

DeMoN

Why this plugin is still not ported to OBS Studio??
OBS Studio even cant initialize the card, while OBS Classic can already do with directshow :/