[unsupported] Datapath Vision Capture

[unsupported] Datapath Vision Capture 20130903

HydraulicTater

So if the e1s really can do ~250MHz pixel clock with the patched nvidia driver and the HDMI to DVI set up, does that mean it can do 1440p60Hz? In CRU it sayth that would only require 242MHz pixel clock. Anyone care to give it a try before I pull the trigger on one?

Boildown

So if the e1s really can do ~250MHz pixel clock with the patched nvidia driver and the HDMI to DVI set up, does that mean it can do 1440p60Hz? In CRU it sayth that would only require 242MHz pixel clock. Anyone care to give it a try before I pull the trigger on one?

I use a DVI-DL now so I can't test it myself, but I agree that the math agrees that the E1S I had should be able to do 2560x1440p60. That's less pixels per second than the 1920x1080p115 that I was able to get it to run at.

Foxx

Got an E1 in a capture machine recently that I'm now trying to get to work, all the links to the plugin download seem to be dead so I'm wondering if anyone can help me out with that and post a link the latest version, and I guess any other info I might need to get it working properly.

Boildown

I messaged Muf to see if he'll reupload it and update the OP. If he doesn't in a reasonable amount of time I'll dig up the file on my hard drive and upload it somewhere. Strictly speaking the source code is still there and you could recreate it from that (but I've never done that before and would be hard-pressed to learn how).

pzlate

I'd also appreciate a re-upload. I want to see if this plugin will let me get away with upscaling my capture with the card. If I set a capture resolution to 1440x480/240, it'll clean up some issues I get with low res capture. It works perfectly in vision window, but OBS/Amarec only displays a quarter of the capture and I'm unable to adjust it to fit.

Boildown

I haven't gotten a response yet, so when I'm at the right computer I'll try to dig up the files and upload them somewhere.

pzlate

OBS doesn't seem to be able to natively recognize my VisionRGB E1. Any tips on how to fix? Do I need this plugin?

Did you download the drivers from Datapath?

Also thanks for the reup

It's a real shame development stopped before deinterlacing support was added, this does exactly what I need it to do but I need it for an interlaced source.

What would I have to do to get someone to port this plugin to OBS Studio so I can have deinterlacing.

Last edited:

Boildown

What would I have to do to get someone to port this plugin to OBS Studio so I can have deinterlacing.

I wouldn't count on it. Muf was the only one interested in making the plugin and no one has stepped up since he said he wasn't going to make a version for OBS Studio. So you should plan on it never happening. That's the way open source software works for better or worse. We were lucky to get this at all.

pzlate

I'll probably end up taking a look a the rgbeasy documentation and try to get it working when I have some free time. Althought it'll probably use the same deinterlacing vision window does, which is pretty lackluster compared to OBS' built in deinterlacing.

Boildown

Random Ebay browse today... used E1S, more than 10 available, just $117 USD: http://www.ebay.com/itm/112198559131 ships worldwide.

Pretty killer deal (I have no association with the listing, I just noticed it).

Edit: Actually looks like the same auction listing I posted about in February, except now it says they're E1S instead of E1, and its $43 cheaper.

Bensam123

Curious guys, does the DVI-DL support higher resolutions and refresh rates then the e2S? IE is it just a overall better card and how much so? I understand e1<e1s<e2<e2s<dvi-dl? Is that the order of things?

yanis31

- so far wasn't able to get the plugin working on 32bit classic (latest) with my E1s... it shows first frame and freezes there,
studio was picking up the card but showed no image at all, somewhere up until the point when i created a custom resolution in the EDID (i just upped the pixel clock to 165hz on a regular 1920x1080 rez and it started to work,
also mine was showing glitched image, sort of partial color information with a single link DVI cable, Dual Link works great.

AlbertHamik

I've had bad luck with the E1 thus far. I installed the card into my machine and it's not detected by Windows 7. Has anyone else had this issue? I put it into the one 8x slot I had available. Not sure if it's my motherboard or Windows 7 that is the problem.

Last edited: