[unsupported] Datapath Vision Capture

[unsupported] Datapath Vision Capture 20130903

David K

Unfortunately, Datapath has verified my card is an E1 not an E1S, which will eliminate the option of 100hz. Unfortunate..

Boildown

Yeah I use a DVI-DL now, but I had a E1S before. Just a reminder, other people have said that their capture card didn't work with G-Sync. I think one of those people was someone using the DisplayPort capture card from Datapath, too.

David K

David K how exactly was it that they were able to identify your card as not an S model?

I emailed the serial number to Datapath. They responded by the following day for me (same day for them -located in UK). Very helpful, but I felt guilty bothering them. I will be exchanging my card for an E1S that later I found.

I sure would like a DVI-DL or VisionSC-DP2 when I'm able.

David K

E1S installed. Solid at 60hz without plugin for now (cloned with monitor at same setting). Audio into an optical input on a Creative Labs SB1040 X-Fi Xtreme Audio 7.1 THX PCI-e x1 Sound Card P380K ($20-25) works fine too.

For those considering this card, it is supported by OBS after installing the driver from Datapath (includes WDM support). The plug in is more efficient with advantages listing on page 1 of this thread.

However it works great out of the box as is, though likely wasting some of the capability of the card. This card is still a currently available and supported product at Datapath (though card may be out of warranty).

Thanks everyone for your patience and help.

Tobi Ogunsanwo

I just got an E1 off ebay and it's only capturing in black and white. It takes screenshots in color so not sure what's going on.
I'm using a single link DVI cable. Could that be the source of my issue?

Boildown

I just got an E1 off ebay and it's only capturing in black and white. It takes screenshots in color so not sure what's going on.
I'm using a single link DVI cable. Could that be the source of my issue?

No, it only needs a single-link cable. Are you converting from another signal format? What about the Datapath software, does it show in color or black and white there?

Tobi Ogunsanwo

No, it only needs a single-link cable. Are you converting from another signal format? What about the Datapath software, does it show in color or black and white there?

It shows in color there but OBS is in black and white. I don''t remember changing the signal format. How do I check for that? I'm using OBS studio btw.

Last edited:

drbagginz

I just bought a used E1 card off Ebay. It was my understanding that this would work with PC or Mac. After reading this article, the compatibility to OBS seems to cater to PC only. That being said, has anybody tried using an E1 on Mac OBS?

drbagginz

This seller is still listing about one RGB-E1 per day on Ebay, like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/391405969104 . The last three have gone for right around $70. As long as you've got a spare PCIe 4x or better, this can't be touched. There's no way to get another 1080p60 capable capture card anywhere close to this price.

I bought out this auction ^ before reading this forum :P. Not sure how much difference the E1 from the E1s is going to affect my capture. My issue has been finding drivers for Mac OS. I have contacted Datapath about this and they said they would get back to me soon.

drbagginz

update: I called Datapath and they claim they have never supported drivers for Mac OS. I ran OBS in bootcamp and was able to pull up the video without installing this plugin. On my vision E1 card I was able to get decent frames at 720p capture 75hz. Am going to see if there is improvement after plugin is installed.

Liddy

So i just got the E1 and i was wondering if there is a 64 bit driver? Also how does this card compare to say the Pexhdcap?

Boildown

There's no 64-bit plugin, you have to use the 32-bit version of OBS Classic for the plugin to work. I've never heard of Pexhdcap.

Boildown

Ok, that's re-branded a Micomsoft. Those are well-regarded on these forums, but I've never owned one. Datapath (other than the AV line) doesn't do audio, but is more flexible in that it'll do any resolution and framerate you give it up to its hardware limits (or the limits of your DVI/HDMI connection). Most other capture cards have "canned" resolutions and framerates that you have to use, and I think that's the case with that Micomsoft. The other advantage (usually) of the Micomsoft is that it uses a PCIe 1x slot instead of 4x. I think it requires a PCIe 2.0 slot, while the Datapath only requires 1.0 (but 4x). Now-a-days all motherboards use PCIe 2.0 slots across the board, if not 3.0. PCIe 4x slots are by comparison more rare, but most desktop motherboards have at least one more available (8x and 16x slots also work).

Bensam123

So curiously, which of these cards are the best? Supports the highest refreshrate at 1080p. It's really hard to tell from the spec sheets what refresh rate they support. I've been cruising this thread for a few years, wondering if anyone has some inside information.

Boildown

Again I checked Ebay randomly and saw this RGB E1 for $160: http://www.ebay.com/itm/112198559131

More than 10 available, ships worldwide from Wisconsin USA.

As long as you can route the audio separately and have a PCIe 4x (or better) slot available, you can't beat this for the money imo.