UnFish Lens

UnFish Lens 2022-05-21

Suslik V

Suslik V submitted a new resource:

UnFish Lens - Unfish Fish Lens distortion video effect filter

This script adds the "Unfish/Fish Lens" video effect filter.
Compatible with OBS v21.1.2 and later.

Usage:
  1. Download (or make it from the source code) the "filter-fish-lens.lua" script-file (MD5:B7094F27EEA1E2CE864BDB6A2E946ED2)
  2. Navigate to main menu Tools>Scripts>Add_button("+") and select the file from the p1.
  3. Right click over any obs video source and click Filters.
  4. Under the section Effects Filters (right click menu, Add) will appear new...

Read more about this resource...

BOLL

This might be a ridiculous request, but would it be possible to add a zoom/scale slider to this filter?

I am looking to add the fisheye effect to a source, but with this I want the curved edges of the source to be visible as well, right now that is not possible! :o It might require pixels that get no match from the source to be transparent.

In the past I used a custom shader I hacked together for this, but the plugin that ran it has been retired with the latest OBS major version ( T_T ) but then I found this script which is so close to being a replacement :3

I used to use it regularly, but when I applied it to several sources, OBS froze and forced a shutdown. Can't fix it? We will provide you with the information you need.

Suslik V

@ガスおじさん at least post the steps how to reproduce the issue. No guarantee that I will help, but maybe there are some workarounds available and other users can share their experience with you.

@ガスおじさん at least post the steps how to reproduce the issue. No guarantee that I will help, but maybe there are some workarounds available and other users can share their experience with you.
The process is simple, just apply this Filter to multiple sources in multiple scenes. From a certain point on, OBS freezes and becomes unbootable. If you force quit and start in safe mode, then close it and start normally, it will work normally as it will have never been applied. This filter that was applied before the freeze also remains applied.

Suslik V

@ガスおじさん
  1. How many filters should be added and to what kind of sources?
  2. What platform (OS)?
  3. Maybe there is some additional info in the log-file of OBS?
  4. Why do you think that the hang of the OBS application caused by the filter?

@ガスおじさん
  1. How many filters should be added and to what kind of sources?
  2. What platform (OS)?
  3. Maybe there is some additional info in the log-file of OBS?
  4. Why do you think that the hang of the OBS application caused by the filter?
1.I don't know the number, but it is applied to various sources
2.OS: Windows 11 Home Version: 23H2
3. Apply filter → Freeze → Start in safe mode I checked the log file and crash report, but nothing related to this filter was mentioned.
4. Because OBS freezes the moment you select this filter
Anyway, the current situation is that the filters applied in the past are still intact, and OBS freezes the moment you try to apply a new one.

Suslik V

...filters applied in the past are still intact, and OBS freezes the moment you try to apply a new one.
Unfortunately, this needs additional investigation that I can't do.

Likely any filter can hang not only this one. If you able to reproduce issue quite frequently, try to make process memory dump of the application when it hangs (and save dump file for later). Then ask someone of the developers of OBS for help. If @R1CH or someone of the developers will be interested in the investigation of the problem then you can share the dump with him and wait for the results.