Question / Help Typing broken when "interacting" with browser source

aaronkothe

I'm running OBS 21.1.1 on a MacBook Pro 10.13.6

I add a browser source, leaving all options defaulted, and right-click 'Interact'

Regardless of the site I visit, I cannot type in any field. For example, if I visit Google, I cannot type in the search field. If I visit Facebook, I cannot login. The only keys that seem to function are tab and enter.

This is quite frustrating. I would love a solution!

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
As I replied on a different thread that you bumped:
Very few of the active OBS contributors operate on Mac systems, and I don't believe any of them have experienced this issue themselves. The only specific oddity I'm aware of on obs-browser's interact mode on macOS is that mouse interaction is not properly aligned, possibly specific to Retina Displays. I've never heard of keyboard input being ignored for all but a few keys.

For us to have a hope of fixing this sort of thing, it really needs to be reproduced in a development environment, which has yet to occur.

That said, if someone else has any idea what's going on (other than the issue I linked), they're welcome to speak up.

aaronkothe

Thanks. I have spoken with some developers in the OBS Discord who verified that the problem exists but said there is not a fix planned, since the 'interact' feature is not supported/recommended.

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
Thanks. I have spoken with some developers in the OBS Discord who verified that the problem exists but said there is not a fix planned, since the 'interact' feature is not supported/recommended.
I believe this bug was actually already fixed within the past few days in this commit.

aaronkothe

I've downloaded v22, and the issue doesn't seem to be fixed. Perhaps there's still a bug? Or is this just not ever going to see a fix?

toplachi

I got an opportunity to test OBS 22.0.1 on a newly installed OSX 10.12.6. The keys that are not working are delete, command and arrow keys, other than that, the mouse and most of the keys are working with Browser source

Grym

So I found a way around this. Well it worked for me at least.
Basically click 'Interact'
Type in email
Press enter/return (it will come up saying your password is incorrect)
But now you are able to type in the password field - type password and press enter again
You are now logged in.

rcgnetworks

So I found a way around this. Well it worked for me at least.
Basically click 'Interact'
Type in email
Press enter/return (it will come up saying your password is incorrect)
But now you are able to type in the password field - type password and press enter again
You are now logged in.
You saved my life bro!! THIS METHOD REALLY WORKS.THANKS AGAIN

GotChaDigi

This problem still exists. I'm running 25.0.8 (64) OBS on Macbook Pro Catalina 10.15.6
So frustrating, as this feature would so useful with an upcoming live streaming event. Any updates or suggestions?

cliggity

On Catalina with the latest version of obs 26.1.2 I could only type small letters, no delete, no shift etc... Here's the workaround I found. It's a bit clunky but it works for sign-ins etc. I opened the macos keyboard viewer and was able to type what I needed using my mouse. Not the best solution but it works for now!

nick-o

I opened the macos keyboard viewer and was able to type what I needed using my mouse.
Could you explain how this was done? I am having the same issue on Mac (Big Sur) where I cannot type the @ character or use the backspace key. At this point, I am willing to try typing with the mouse.

cliggity

Could you explain how this was done? I am having the same issue on Mac (Big Sur) where I cannot type the @ character or use the backspace key. At this point, I am willing to try typing with the mouse.
Screen Shot 2022-02-21 at 2.02.30 PM.png
To bring up the keyboard, I clicked on this icon in the menu bar > show keyboard viewer. It's an annoying solution but hopefully it can be a work around for anyone else who stumbles on this problem.