Question / Help Typing broken when "interacting" with browser source

I'm running OBS 21.1.1 on a MacBook Pro 10.13.6

I add a browser source, leaving all options defaulted, and right-click 'Interact'

Regardless of the site I visit, I cannot type in any field. For example, if I visit Google, I cannot type in the search field. If I visit Facebook, I cannot login. The only keys that seem to function are tab and enter.

This is quite frustrating. I would love a solution!

RytoEX

Forum Moderator
As I replied on a different thread that you bumped:
Very few of the active OBS contributors operate on Mac systems, and I don't believe any of them have experienced this issue themselves. The only specific oddity I'm aware of on obs-browser's interact mode on macOS is that mouse interaction is not properly aligned, possibly specific to Retina Displays. I've never heard of keyboard input being ignored for all but a few keys.

For us to have a hope of fixing this sort of thing, it really needs to be reproduced in a development environment, which has yet to occur.
That said, if someone else has any idea what's going on (other than the issue I linked), they're welcome to speak up.

Thanks. I have spoken with some developers in the OBS Discord who verified that the problem exists but said there is not a fix planned, since the 'interact' feature is not supported/recommended.

I got an opportunity to test OBS 22.0.1 on a newly installed OSX 10.12.6. The keys that are not working are delete, command and arrow keys, other than that, the mouse and most of the keys are working with Browser source

Grym

So I found a way around this. Well it worked for me at least.
Basically click 'Interact'
Type in email
Press enter/return (it will come up saying your password is incorrect)
But now you are able to type in the password field - type password and press enter again
You are now logged in.

So I found a way around this. Well it worked for me at least.
Basically click 'Interact'
Type in email
Press enter/return (it will come up saying your password is incorrect)
But now you are able to type in the password field - type password and press enter again
You are now logged in.
You saved my life bro!! THIS METHOD REALLY WORKS.THANKS AGAIN