Question / Help Two layers (same camera) with OBS camera (ios)

Simon2020

I am tinkering and testing OBS. I have connected my Iphne XR successfully with OBS camera.
What Ï would like to do now is to have two layers (or two scenes) with the same camera (Iphone), one full screen and the other a small one (PiP), but as soon as I activate the second one, the first one (or viceversa) gets frozen so I have to open that layer window and reconnect the device. It works, but then the other one gets frozen.

Any idea or workaround?

Thank you very much!

Simon.

Last edited:

FerretBomb

Just 'Add Existing', do not create a second Video Capture Device source. Video devices generally can only be accessed by one application at a time, and each VCD Source counts as an 'application'. By using Add Existing, it's still only one, and they can be rescaled independently to have a small version and a big version, or used in different scenes without issue.

Simon2020

Done and running.
The only thing -little one- is that I cant change the name of one, because it changes both. But it a very minor detail. I knok that PiP is above full screen.
Thank you very much!
Simon.

jwg

Hey, also tinkering with the same problem, except I'm trying to actually change the properties of one of the sources. This worked with Epoccam so long as I didn't just copy-paste, but the IOS Camera app is a much more reliable connection. Wisdom?

FerretBomb

Hey, also tinkering with the same problem, except I'm trying to actually change the properties of one of the sources. This worked with Epoccam so long as I didn't just copy-paste, but the IOS Camera app is a much more reliable connection. Wisdom?
You can't change the camera properties, those are global to the single VCD Source. If you just want to add a Filter to a copy of the source, add it as existing, then put it into a Group on its own, and apply the Filter to the Group instead.