Resource icon

Twitch Switcher 1.15

Scacht

I'll be looking into it this evening.
Ran your config and several other things, was unable to reproduce your problem. I have your same OS, OBS version, and config. I took a wild guess and attempted to fix it, so there will be an update in a couple minutes.

Last edited:

Yzangard

Hello,

Tried last version and everything seems ok so far.

And it is working as intended, so far...doing some further testings and will let you know.

Last edited:

mistafist

How's it going, when I try to use your addon, it authenticates my oauth with twitch but fails at updating the title/game. It retries a few times then stops. Either that or it crashes OBS. This is on OBS x64 with the x64 plugin version. Any ideas?

Scacht

How's it going, when I try to use your addon, it authenticates my oauth with twitch but fails at updating the title/game. It retries a few times then stops. Either that or it crashes OBS. This is on OBS x64 with the x64 plugin version. Any ideas?
Give your .dmp file when it crashes and the dump log associated, and your twitch.sw.ini. Make sure you're on the newest version as well, I fixed some random crashing issues.

Scacht

Scacht updated Twitch Switcher with a new update entry:

Added check to make sure you added OAuth Token with right permissions

MistaFist realized that I wasn't doing any checks on whether or not the token was valid for changing channel names, only that it was valid in general. A token with permissions like chat_login might eventually crash the plugin. Added checks and if you don't have a valid channel_editor token it will tell you where to get one.

This update won't do you any good if yours is already up and running.

Read the rest of this update entry...

mistafist

How's it going man. Is there a limit on topic length? It seems if my topic is too long, the channel fails to update. If there is, can I suggest limiting this length within your plugin? Otherwise it may be a bug. I can actually set the same topic manually through twitch so I guess it's more likely to be a bug if it's too long for some reason. At least I think that's why it's failing. If I shorten them up they seem to process fine. Just a request/suggestion from a nub at this. OK have a good one man.

Scacht

Twitch has a character limit of 140 on titles, which I can go up to before it starts failing to set the name. The game name seems to be in the hundreds for it's character limit.

I'm able to set both manually and automatically a channel name of 140 characters and a game name of 420 (as far as I went) characters.

I'll add a check in for whenever I release another update to make sure the title isn't over 140 characters, but that's a ton of characters, nearly 2 good sized sentences.

Last edited:

HaxE

Geez I must be really dense in the head. I still have no clue how to install it. There are 3 folders. x86, x64, src. I have tried putting all three in C:\Program Files\OBS and I've tried just putting src and x64 in there. I tried putting the twitchsw folder and the .dll in the plugin folder with src and libcurl.dll in the main folder. It seems really dumb how someone can mess up a simple installation but I guess I need a screenshot or something. Maybe I did it right the first time and something just messed up. I have no clue. From what I read this is literally what I needed to do and it doesn't work. Sorry in advance for being completely braindead.

Scacht

If you have the x64 version or the x86 version of OBS, you'll open that folder, then copy all of those files into the OBS folder. You don't put all 3 folders into the OBS folder like that.

HaxE

That made too much sense. I can't believe I didn't do that earlier. Thanks for the response.

xboxhomies

I am having trouble trying to install this plugin. I feel like I am putting the files in the right directory, but the plugin is not loading. Not too sure where file, "src" goes.

I checked window log and it says, "Failed to load plugin plugins/twitchsw.dll, 126".

Could I get some help with installing this plugin?

Using OBS v. 0.656b - 64bit

Scacht

I am having trouble trying to install this plugin. I feel like I am putting the files in the right directory, but the plugin is not loading. Not too sure where file, "src" goes.

I checked window log and it says, "Failed to load plugin plugins/twitchsw.dll, 126".

Could I get some help with installing this plugin?

Using OBS v. 0.656b - 64bit

Couldn't look two posts up?

Fallen_Tyrael

Love the plugin so far! However the plugin seems to get the title of game muddled up after an edit. So if i add 2 games to the list then apply and exit obs, then open obs and check plugin and the list is saved fine... Now if i add more games to that list and apply and restart obs again the 2 games i originally added the first time around will now have the wrong titles.

This is with the x64 version running on win7 ultimate x64

EDIT: Ok solved it, just fyi for other users if you dont put anything in the title it will cause the problem i was having.

Last edited:

Hat

Перевод плагина на русский.
Файл перевода поместить в plugins\twitchsw\locale где должен уже находиться файл en.txt

Attachments

• ru.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 132

Luis Izquierdo

So I have read every post on this thread. Here is what I did. I copied the x64 files and pasted them into C:/Programs Files/OBS and let it overwrite existing files. It added the libcurl.dll file to the main OBS file and added the twitchsw folder under plugins. However, when I launch OBS afterward i get an error:

20ureqc.jpg

it still opens OBS though but there Twitch Switcher is not listed in Settings or in Plugins in OBS GUI

Scacht

Google the error and install the DLL. This plugin shouldn't have any dependencies other than the ones included in the zip and in OBS though.