Resource icon

TwAlert 2014-04-27

Schalla

Hello folks,

after a week of work I would like to give out a first version of my OBS Plugin "TwAlert".

In the current version, you set in the Settings a Twitch Channel and a Update Interval and it will
grab from the API your last follower. There are more settings/possibilities to come, like grabing
latest Subscribers and such stuff.

You can find the GIT Repo here, feel free to browse through the Sourcecode and give me some feedback,
since this is my first C++ Project in general. I used as template the SceneSwitcher from Chris84 - thanks a lot for providing the source code, helped me a lot, and also thanks to Jim- and the OBS IRC for the whole help.

You can find it here:
https://github.com/DSchalla/TwAlert

A Screenshot of an example run I attached to the Forum Post, additionally the DLL which was compiled
for the current testing - which is v0.60 TB6 32Bit in my case.

I would be happy for some feedback, since this is my first Plugin.

Best Regards,
Daniel

Attachments

• TwAlert - x64.zip
    95.3 KB · Views: 3,461
  • TwAlert.zip
    88.9 KB · Views: 5,783
Last edited:

Schalla

If anyone needs a specific Version for any version, go ahead and just post it in this thread. I will build then a version asap.

Turtlemaw

I've been waiting for a plugin like this. I really appreciate you tackling it. How soon can you make a 64bit version?

Schalla

Hey Turtlemaw,

give me like 1-2 hours, playing a quick round right now and then I will compile it directly.

OBS v0.6 TestBuild 6 is fine for you or need anything special?

Magical_Teapot

Schalla said:
Hey Turtlemaw,

give me like 1-2 hours, playing a quick round right now and then I will compile it directly.

OBS v0.6 TestBuild 6 is fine for you or need anything special?

If you could also compile it for the latest build (7) as well as 64 bit that'd be great :3

Magical_Teapot

The 64 bit version seems to be working fine, there's only one little issue where if i change the size of the text it disappears. To fix it i gotta restart OBS, other than that, seems fine.

Schalla

Glad to hear that. It also works in the TB7, so I won't do a release for that specially, but okay.

I will figure the bug out with the restart. You have any feature requests? :)

Turtlemaw

it would seem it updates quite slowly. took around 2 minutes to update for me, on top of the twitch delay it's quite tedious

Schalla

Well, the problem is I can only fetch the data Twitch offers me, when the API requires 2 Minutes to update your data, I can only fetch the Data after 2 Min.

Another way would be to read for incoming E-Mails and grab the Name, but I guess that way wouldn't be that great for the most people.

Dajova

Just tried it out and seems to work fine. Only problem i have with it atm is that it stops working if you have to close the stream or if it reconnects for some reason, it fails to show the text after that and you have to restart OBS before it appears again.

edit: nwm, seems like the update interval is quite limited after reading through some of the posts here...

it is giving me a corrupted file message. What should I do?
! C:\Users\Justin\Desktop\TwAlert.zip: The archive is corrupt
! C:\Users\Justin\Desktop\TwAlert.zip: Checksum error in C:\Users\Justin\Desktop\TwAlert.dll. The file is corrupt
that is the message i am getting

Last edited:

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
With the conversion to XenForo, some downloads got corrupted. Schalla needs to re-upload the zips, if possible.

Schalla

I will take care of this tonight/tommorow.

The DLLs are fresh again, feel free to move the topic again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Paladin

I'm a newb concerning streaming. Where do I place the DLL?
I've tried in the OBS folder, and in the OBS/plugins folder. Neither seem to be recognized by OBS, when I click the Plugins button.

beringtom

hello, thanks for this little plugin, is it possible to save the last follower in a text file, and then use the standard text? I believe it would be better as the plugin don't save the name between streaming sessions. also we could get rid of the TwAlear-Text we need. :)