Tuna

Tuna v1.9.7

ketzagfx

too bad, it seems tuna gathers the information every couple seconds?
the cover file gets created new every couple seconds, so is the song info, which leads to the problem, that the title is shown for a couple seconds and is gone again, and so on
It´s like on/off on/off

happens for deezer and soundcloud on firefox and chrome

univrsal

too bad, it seems tuna gathers the information every couple seconds?
the cover file gets created new every couple seconds, so is the song info, which leads to the problem, that the title is shown for a couple seconds and is gone again, and so on
It´s like on/off on/off

happens for deezer and soundcloud on firefox and chrome
Tuna only refreshes the data at the configured interval, but the data is kept in between the refreshes.

ketzagfx

yea, I tried several different intervals
its either refreshing every couple milliseconds , every couple seconds or it doesnt shows anything when the interval is too big
I can´t get it to show the track and only refresh until the next track plays

edit: Ok i just found out, there mustnt be any sort of "player" in an open tab in any browser window. I had some paused youtube videos open and these triggered the plugin to refresh again and again.

thanks for your support!!! too bad the covers dont work though

Last edited:

Skillybelly

That's why i asked about it. Do i need to create my won. If yes so i did that and i don't get any result even the cover doesn't show anything.
I would like to get help and get it explained :)

PaiSand

That's why i asked about it. Do i need to create my won. If yes so i did that and i don't get any result even the cover doesn't show anything.
I would like to get help and get it explained :)
Yes, you have to tell Tuna where you want to store this files. A little common sense. You can use 1 text file or more if you want.
Now link tuna with your player of choice from one of the supported ones. I use Spotify.
Then, in OBS you create a new text source ponting to this file. If you use 2 files, make 2 text sources and so on. Similar with the cover, but use an image source instead.

Now play a song in the player (spotify in my case) and that's all folks. Works perfectly.
This isn't rocket science. It's really basic and easy to use.

Skillybelly

Yes, you have to tell Tuna where you want to store this files. A little common sense. You can use 1 text file or more if you want.
Now link tuna with your player of choice from one of the supported ones. I use Spotify.
Then, in OBS you create a new text source ponting to this file. If you use 2 files, make 2 text sources and so on. Similar with the cover, but use an image source instead.

Now play a song in the player (spotify in my case) and that's all folks. Works perfectly.
This isn't rocket science. It's really basic and easy to use.
I did exactly those steps but i didn't get it to work, i will try again-

frankiesimon

How do I change the placeholder cover?
The placeholder image is saved under C:\Program Files\obs-studio\data\obs-plugins\tuna\placeholder.png or ~/.config/obs-studio/plugins/tuna/data/placeholder.png. It can be replaced with a transparent png if you don't want anything to show when nothing is playing.
Thank you that was really helpful!

JohnH

Hi just cant the output files to work with VLC the widget works perfectly im using Title and Artist but the txt files don't update

GenomeSoldier66

I've searched the MusicBee player forums for some help, but MusicBee has a plugin that only allows for creating a text file but it cannot split into multiple text files. I wish there was something I could use, so the only work around I could find was connecting my musicbee to last fm. Anyone else use MusicBee? Could use some inspiration.

Konaburd

I am having an issue where the album art is resizing when the song changes. Is there a way to prevent this??

PaiSand

I am having an issue where the album art is resizing when the song changes. Is there a way to prevent this??
Probably the album cover image have different sizes. Check the settings and make sure the right size is selected for images obtained via iTunes. If you use your own files, then make sure all of this images have the same size.

2022-06-29_121316.png

Not sure if locking the image source will prevent resize, but you can try that too
2022-06-29_121527.png

BoScotty

hey! I've been using this plugin for quite a while but since getting a new Stream Deck, I now have multiple VLC sources for multiple playlists that I toggle on and off depending on what I want to listen to for my stream.

However, the refresh button to change the VLC source name seems to not actually function unless I exit the program and return. Only then is when the source changes. is there something I can do about this or await an update? Thanks in advance! Its a great plugin.
S'been a while since I checked in on this thread. Just curious if there's been an update for this since then?

Garbanian

Okay I had to do a clean install of Windows and in doing so reset up my OBS and TUNA. I had an older version of tuna previously and now am using 1.7.0. Using Spotify I'm getting the below error ONLY after using it successfully for a little why, pausing or stopping music or restarting OBS. It'll work perfectly fine for hours and everything, but pausing or rebooting obs produces this error.

= 2022.07.01 09:19 =
{
"error": "invalid_client",
"error_description": "Invalid client"
}

BoScotty

You can use multiple sources now and switch between them via hotkeys
Awesome! thanks for the hard work. Forgive me, I'm new to updating plugins on OBS. To use the update, do I just redownload the plugin? Will I lose any previously set up information?

univrsal

Awesome! thanks for the hard work. Forgive me, I'm new to updating plugins on OBS. To use the update, do I just redownload the plugin? Will I lose any previously set up information?
Yes, the formatting for outputs changed though, so you'll have to update those when using the new version.
Okay I had to do a clean install of Windows and in doing so reset up my OBS and TUNA. I had an older version of tuna previously and now am using 1.7.0. Using Spotify I'm getting the below error ONLY after using it successfully for a little why, pausing or stopping music or restarting OBS. It'll work perfectly fine for hours and everything, but pausing or rebooting obs produces this error.

= 2022.07.01 09:19 =
{
"error": "invalid_client",
"error_description": "Invalid client"
}
Please post the entire obs studio log and describe exactly what you're doing. That message should only show up when you log in. All further errors should show up in the obs studio log.

Garbanian

Please post the entire obs studio log and describe exactly what you're doing. That message should only show up when you log in. All further errors should show up in the obs studio log.

Open OBS
Tools -> Tuna Settings
Open link for auth code under Spotify
Copy paste auth code and request token
Open spotify dev log in, and select "app" made for tuna
Copy/paste client ID/secret.
Apply.
Start Tuna
Apply.
Ok.
Use services till im done with stream/etc
Restart OBS
Tuna no longer shows in anything
Repeat above but take out client ID/Secret first cause it wont let me open for auth code if it has secret/client in it.

Attachments

• log.txt
    8.6 KB · Views: 18

univrsal

Open OBS
Tools -> Tuna Settings
Open link for auth code under Spotify
Copy paste auth code and request token
Open spotify dev log in, and select "app" made for tuna
Copy/paste client ID/secret.
Apply.
Start Tuna
Apply.
Ok.
Use services till im done with stream/etc
Restart OBS
Tuna no longer shows in anything
Repeat above but take out client ID/Secret first cause it wont let me open for auth code if it has secret/client in it.
Sounds to me like you're doing something wrong with the custom secret/id setup.