Question / Help Trying to learn

Actuallyambah

Hello all, I am trying to learn how to record and edit gameplay videos. I think I have OBS set up correctly, however the files are .flv and VLC player won't open them correctly so I can not test if what I recorded worked.
Is there a way without buying adobe software to view and edit these files?
If there are any specifics you need to know please let me know, since I am learning I do not know what information is helpful.

P.S. when I try to upload the log file I get an error.

Attachments

• OBS Error.jpg
    OBS Error.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 28

OrOS

If you are recording you should change the format from flv to mp4 or mkv.
mp4 is normal standard videos, they will play on any media player, but if your obs crashes for any reason while recording the file will corrupt.
mkv is the best option in my opinion, while in the first form it has almost no use, it can be converted into mp4 file using the "Remux Recording" option under file category. At the cost of one tiny step it is a mp4 file that will not corrupt if obs crashes.

Actuallyambah

If you are recording you should change the format from flv to mp4 or mkv.
mp4 is normal standard videos, they will play on any media player, but if your obs crashes for any reason while recording the file will corrupt.
mkv is the best option in my opinion, while in the first form it has almost no use, it can be converted into mp4 file using the "Remux Recording" option under file category. At the cost of one tiny step it is a mp4 file that will not corrupt if obs crashes.
Thank you I will look into that going forward.

Any tips on working with the .flv files I already have?