Question / Help Transforming an Android phone into a remote camera for OBS

Hello, all,
I'm trying to use my Android cell phone as a remote camera video and audio for OBS. What's the best software to do that ? I heard about one of them who uses NDI plugin, but I read terrible reviews about it, and I myself almost couldn't make NDI work on my windows 7. I had to discover the right version by trying and error. But there may be some other methods. What's the best one ?

BTW, if I am broadcasting live and I want a reporter to come from any point of the city or the world in real time, how could I do that in OBS ?

Thanks !

I use this app.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pas.webcam&hl=de
As far as I see from some options and help texts, it should be able to support streaming/transferring its video over mobile connection, not only local within the LAN.
However, be aware the transferred video isn't instant as in a video call. It will always have a miniumum delay of 5-15 seconds.

Thanks, Koala one more time. I heard about it before. I think it´s time to try this app. Just downloading now.

I use this app.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pas.webcam&hl=de
As far as I see from some options and help texts, it should be able to support streaming/transferring its video over mobile connection, not only local within the LAN.
However, be aware the transferred video isn't instant as in a video call. It will always have a miniumum delay of 5-15 seconds.

But Koala, isn´t there a way to broadcast live without this delay ? If I´m broadcasting live and I call a reporter live to my news bulletin, how this could be done in real time ? Using whatsapp I could use the videoconference, no ? Some software for it like Skype or Zoom ? The questio is how to integrate the cellphone screen in real time with OBS, because I could use for example, Zoom. I mean, how to transfer the screen to OBS, may be with a mini HDMI cable and capture card ?

Narcogen

If you'd be streaming from a laptop and not from the phone why not just connect a USB camera? What does the phone have to do with it?

I think I'm not understanding what you're attempting to do here.

If you'd be streaming from a laptop and not from the phone why not just connect a USB camera? What does the phone have to do with it?

I think I'm not understanding what you're attempting to do here.

I questioned about the flexibility, using a cell phone as a camera, no strings attached, I can even go outside and film the street. But I've installed IP webcam software, and I'm enjoying. So far, so good.