[TOOL] Ubiquitous Multichat

codex

Login with password doesn't work anymore. You need to use your oauth key and don't forget to include "oauth:" prefix there.

codex

I've added OAuth key generator in the code. Now it's possible to login with normal login and password.

Jipatsu

Hmm... I put in to my settings:

Chat alias: JPlays@ttv
IRC Channel: #JPlays
Login: My login
PWD: My password (should this have the oauth token?)

and have everything enabled. But the chat is not turning green.

And this is my channel:
http://www.twitch.tv/jplays

something there I am doing wrong? Been fighting with this for couple of days now.

Is there somekind of "start chat" key I need to push or does it try to connect automatically?

codex

Chat alias is shortcut for reply command e.g. /r @all message to all
You can use these commands via Steam overlay

IRC channel names are case sensitive. Just leave it empty and login will be taken as channel name.
Or fill it in lower case without "#": jplays

Jipatsu

Aight, I solved the problem...

the problem is that for some strange reason, when I join the twitch chat with my login credentials, it throws me to the #Jplays channel automatically.

in mIRC I can get it to work when I /leave the #Jplays channel and reconnect to #jplays

can I somehow do the same in multichat?

ball2hi

Hello. Today something weird had started going on in the afternoon (9pm EST) with my Steam Bot. It kept DCing every 5 minutes... making it very hard to view chat while in full-screen single monitor.

Krxz

Hello everyone, first of all I'd like to say great tool its just amazing. For single monitor people this thing is top notch.

However, I can't seem to understand how it works with Steam? It lets me reply to twitch chat via Steam ingame overlay? I'm not sure how to manage that? I have it setup, Steam bot status is green, Steam Admin is red. What happens now? I'm really lost/confused. Steam Admin = the nickname I use on steam (chat etc.). That is set correctly, but how does Steam answer to twitch IRC? Who' chat to I type in, that will manage that?

I may sound totally crazy, but hopefully someone understands what I'm saying

codex

You need two Steam accounts to get it work.

First is your primary account (Admin). Second is for chat bot.
Chat bot will send messages to your primary account via web api of Steam. Primary account will be logged in common way - via Steam client.

You have to add your primary account to the friend list of bot.
Admin nick is nickname(not a login) of your primary account.
Bot login and password - credentials of bot.

It also possible to read a chat on your phone or tablet. Just enable Web server to get it work.
Personally I read it on a phone and respond via Steam.

Krxz

Thank you for the answer, thats exactly what I needed. Now my stream is setup perfectly.

I got to say I love the web browser feature. Saved me 190€ worth of a second monitor.

+++1 Ubiquitous team - cheers.

Edit: One last question if I may. The bot always says "Replying to Twitch" before sending his message, which is also appearing on twitch chat.

replying to twitch
yo
replying to twitch
how are u

Can I take those lines out?

codex

Uncheck "Current chat notification on typing" under Settings->Steam
It shouldn't go to twitch though...

ball2hi

codex said:
Uncheck "Current chat notification on typing" under Settings->Steam
It shouldn't go to twitch though...
This option has never worked, at least for me it never did. Toggled or untoggled, it always says; "Replying to TwitchTV". I've even restarted multichat to get it to work.

Krxz

I confirm that option does not work for me either. I have another issue too. I can't seem to read what I replied on my phone via web browser. However, they do recieve my reply, and when I alt tab I see I replied under the =): text . But for some reason that doesn't appear on phone.

codex

I found why that option didn't work. I need to check why it doesn't show outgoing messages on web...

kalstras

I mean I use this chat to generate a .jpeg image file that I display on stream. It has solid black background, which I would like to remove. From what I know, I can use chroma key function when I add image file to remove a color from it. However, when I tried to do so, I failed as the image was always muffled.

There is also alternate way how to do it, by setting transparent background in the program itself, but I do not know, how to add the window of the program to the OBS scene so, that it will work when I play the game in full-screen mode.

Second way is preferable, but first way will do it for me either.

ball2hi

ball2hi said:
Hello. Today something weird had started going on in the afternoon (9pm EST) with my Steam Bot. It kept DCing every 5 minutes... making it very hard to view chat while in full-screen single monitor.
Just want to point out that, my steam bot still keeps DCing. I guess this is an isolated incident?

ball2hi said:
Not sure if this is fixable, but shift+enter causes the program to crash regardless of being used in steam chat or directly in program.

Talk like this, then [shift+enter]
now I made a new line.
This is also still an issue, in fact I think if people in chat do it they can crash my multichat.

So I got the Steam bot working and I don't know if there's an option to mention the user such as the Nightbot to show the name before the text on a Steam bot.

23bb71afe4281b4b2126de969334cd42.png