The OBS Studio 28.0.1 are without the Custom Browser Docks in Ubuntu 22.04.

RaphMSR

I installed OBS Studio through the Ubuntu repository (via apt) and downloaded version 28.0.1 of OBS, but the "Custom Browser Docks" option does not appear in the OBS tabs.

Can someone help me?

1663536378314.png

1663536412093.png

I need to use the animated lower thirds plugin in OBS, but without the Custom Browser Docks option I saw that it is not possible.

If anyone has a solution, I would appreciate the help.

Tuna

Install via the PPA as instructed on the OBS webpage. The Ubuntu package is maintained by Ubuntu.

Tuna

Ah so browser sources exist, but no docks? Browser docks are disabled when you are running on Wayland. This is because of a incompatibility from CEF, the underlying browser library - it does currently not work when running on Wayland.

RAMChYLD

Ah so browser sources exist, but no docks? Browser docks are disabled when you are running on Wayland. This is because of a incompatibility from CEF, the underlying browser library - it does currently not work when running on Wayland.
Yeah, and sadly, apparently no one knows how to fix it. I'm no good at C++ or I'd take a look at it.

jayweston

I was just able to find a fix for this issue. I had OBS installed and working with custom browsers docks on my Ubuntu system and then suddenly stopped working (I believe after turning on Ubuntu Pro). After reading this forum about Wayland I started googleing around and found out you can disable Wayland on Ubuntu (I'm running 22.04), by doing the following:

sudo nano /etc/gdm3/custom.conf

add or un-comment:

WaylandEnable=false

After rebooting custom browser docks started working for me again.