Teleport

Teleport 0.7.1

justedit

It is still unicast, not multicast. So each receiver will have full bandwidth load. If that was the question.
ok ! Is there any plan to implement multicast ? Like most of HDMi -> ethernet extenders ? It would be awsome. Anyway big thanks for your work.
Noar

Tuna

ok ! Is there any plan to implement multicast ? Like most of HDMi -> ethernet extenders ? It would be awsome. Anyway big thanks for your work.
Noar
No. This plugin just aims to be a simple solution for a simple use case. Multicast opens can of worms. Forward error correction, reliable transmission.. Also I have seen many network switches bail on multicast that will lead to many complains that it won't work for them due to network conditions. I will gladly leave this one up to someone else.

nugrunonly

Hi there -- I am unable to get this to work currently and I'm not sure where I am going wrong.

PC 1 (game pc) -- Teleport only recognizes PC 1's teleport
PC 2 (stream pc) -- Teleport recognizes both PC 1 and PC 2's teleport, but teleport from PC 1 doesn't show anything -- it appears as a 1x1 pixel in the top corner and when I transform to fit to screen there is nothing there.

Adding teleport to a source as a filter has the same effect.

Attachments

• teleport.png
    teleport.png
    12.4 KB · Views: 78

Tuna

Hi there -- I am unable to get this to work currently and I'm not sure where I am going wrong.

PC 1 (game pc) -- Teleport only recognizes PC 1's teleport
PC 2 (stream pc) -- Teleport recognizes both PC 1 and PC 2's teleport, but teleport from PC 1 doesn't show anything -- it appears as a 1x1 pixel in the top corner and when I transform to fit to screen there is nothing there.

Adding teleport to a source as a filter has the same effect.
Sounds like PC 1 is still protected by an enabled firewall. Why it would not recognize PC 2 though I have no idea.

Vinylist

Im using two macs and one is 10.7.5 i dont believe obs has a version that works with this old os. Does anyone know of a way that i could use teleport to display the older mac's screen on the newer mac for streaming thru obs?

zombiefaace

So I have the same problem using this plugin that I'm having with NDI when using 27.2.4 or any version higher than 27.1.3.
I have a 2 PC setup, the Gaming PC has a Ryzen 7 5800x3D, 32GB DDR-4 3200Mhz RAM, and a Nvidia RTX 2080TI, it's on Windows 11.
The Encoding PC has a Ryzen 9 3950x, 32GB DDR-4 3200Mhz RAM, and a Nvidia GTX 1050TI it's on Windows 10.
Both OS's are the Pro version of Windows 10 if that means anything.

When I'm trying to record to the Encoding PC using the default settings at quality 90 my Gaming PC gets a ton of encoding lag, which doesn't make sense to me as it's not supposed to be encoding, if I drop OBS back to version 27.1.3 this doesn't happen, however the playback of the recording doesn't look like it's doing 60FPS. The same thing happens with NDI only neither OBS reports dropped frames/render lag/encoding lag, but it's definitely choppy as hell.

I am running both OBS version's as Admin, and I have Game Mode enabled on both PC's, I'm sending the signal through a 1Gbps router and both are hardwired directly into it. If needed I can make/post some clips, just curious if anyone else is having this issue, haven't been able to record/stream via 2 PC since AV1 was implemented in OBS, already went through the Discord but they said it's not OBS it's NDI, have a feeling they'd say the same about Teleport as well. Just curious if anyone else has run into similar issues and looking for the correct place to work with someone on them. Thanks!

ad1562

Hey streamers,

I use the obs-ndi plugin and NDI Tools' Webcam Input to send my OBS production's A/V to Zoom. Can someone tell me if Teleport would work for my use-case, or is it just for multi-PC-streaming?

Thanks in advance for your replies :)

-Alex
Hey, @Tuna, any thoughts on my particular use-case? In case the above was unclear, I need to funnel my OBS output (audio and video) into Zoom. Will Teleport work for something like this?

Tuna

Hey, @Tuna, any thoughts on my particular use-case? In case the above was unclear, I need to funnel my OBS output (audio and video) into Zoom. Will Teleport work for something like this?
I don't know. I don't understand what you are trying to do. I think Teleport's usage is quite clear? It either fits with you setup or not.

Alain121

so im having an issue where teleport works fine for my second pc going to my main pc but my main pc isnt even showing up on my second pc and only shows the teleport option for itself and im not sure what to do about this

ixP

Hi i am having a trouble @Tuna , when i try to send my webcam via Teleport, the streaming pc recives only a green screen.

nugrunonly

So I have the same problem using this plugin that I'm having with NDI when using 27.2.4 or any version higher than 27.1.3.
I have a 2 PC setup, the Gaming PC has a Ryzen 7 5800x3D, 32GB DDR-4 3200Mhz RAM, and a Nvidia RTX 2080TI, it's on Windows 11.
The Encoding PC has a Ryzen 9 3950x, 32GB DDR-4 3200Mhz RAM, and a Nvidia GTX 1050TI it's on Windows 10.
Both OS's are the Pro version of Windows 10 if that means anything.

When I'm trying to record to the Encoding PC using the default settings at quality 90 my Gaming PC gets a ton of encoding lag, which doesn't make sense to me as it's not supposed to be encoding, if I drop OBS back to version 27.1.3 this doesn't happen, however the playback of the recording doesn't look like it's doing 60FPS. The same thing happens with NDI only neither OBS reports dropped frames/render lag/encoding lag, but it's definitely choppy as hell.

I am running both OBS version's as Admin, and I have Game Mode enabled on both PC's, I'm sending the signal through a 1Gbps router and both are hardwired directly into it. If needed I can make/post some clips, just curious if anyone else is having this issue, haven't been able to record/stream via 2 PC since AV1 was implemented in OBS, already went through the Discord but they said it's not OBS it's NDI, have a feeling they'd say the same about Teleport as well. Just curious if anyone else has run into similar issues and looking for the correct place to work with someone on them. Thanks!
I am also having this issue, but only as of lately. I used to be able to run this at 90% and it wouldn't impact performance too much, but now at 90% I am getting 97% encoding frames skipped due to encoding lag. Even at 60% quality I am still dropping 35%.

Something must have changed recently?

YorVeX

Hey @Tuna - you might want to update the dependency information:
Minimum OBS Studio Version 27.0.0
I just tried to use it in 27.0.1 but it doesn't even show up in the tools menu. With a newer OBS version it works fine.

YorVeX

In case you wondered about the CPU impact this has compared to NDI, I have a relatively complex setup with 2 OBS instances on the gaming PC (both directly sending to the streaming PC), 3 OBS instances on the Streaming PC (sending to each other within the streaming PC, one sends out to the laptop) and another OBS instance on a laptop for a preview of the final output (receiving the data from the streaming PC), so that CPU usage increase multiplies a bit, making it a bit more obvious. Here's my test results with various quality settings in Teleport vs. NDI (Bandwidth set to "Highest" and latency mode to "Normal").

Quality -> CPU Gaming PC / CPU Streaming PC (Bandwidth Gaming -> Streaming):
100 -> 20% / 34% (1,1 GBit/s)
97 -> 19% / 31% (690 MBit/s)
90 -> 18% / 29% (400 MBit/s)
80 -> 18% / 28% (307 MBit/s)
NDI -> 14% / 17% (400 MBit/s)

I chose the quality step from 100 to 97 because the jpeg-turbo library used for Teleport mentions something specifically about the quality settings 98-100 here. And 100 in theory seems like an obvious choice when transmitting within the same PC. With that CPU impact maybe not so much anymore though ;-)

Obviously the values are only there to be compared to each other. You won't be able to compare them to you, since they highly depend on the hardware used and other things on the PC causing load. For reference:

Gaming PC:
  • AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (undervolted a bit for higher boost clocks)
  • ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING
  • G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 CL14 32 GB (2x16)
  • EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 ULTRA GAMING
Streaming PC:
  • Ryzen Threadripper 1950X 3,4 GHz
  • Gigabyte X399 Designare EX
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX black + AF, DDR4-3600, CL 18 - 32 GB Quad Kit
  • EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 XC3 ULTRA GAMING

YorVeX

Hi i am having a trouble @Tuna , when i try to send my webcam via Teleport, the streaming pc recives only a green screen.
For me this happens when I use the Teleport Audio/Video filter to send my cam feed. Actually, it's even more complicated than that:
When I start the sender OBS first and then the receiver OBS I get nothing, the receiving Teleport source just stays black/empty and there is nothing I can do about it.
However, when I start the receiver OBS first and then the sender OBS I get the green video feed and from there I can actually make the feed work by switching the color range on the cam from Full (which is my default) to Partial (this immediately makes the feed work) and back to Full (it stays working). Only if I double click the Teleport source on the receiver OBS now the source goes black again and it can only be fixed by starting over.

What does work flawlessly is using a second OBS instance and sending the cam feed from there using the global Teleport output instead of using the filter.
Another thing worth noting is that using the same filter on a VLC Video Source that plays a video loop works just fine.

So something seems to be bugged with specifically the combination of the Teleport Audio/Video filter on video capture devices.

Tuna

For me this happens when I use the Teleport Audio/Video filter to send my cam feed. Actually, it's even more complicated than that:
When I start the sender OBS first and then the receiver OBS I get nothing, the receiving Teleport source just stays black/empty and there is nothing I can do about it.
However, when I start the receiver OBS first and then the sender OBS I get the green video feed and from there I can actually make the feed work by switching the color range on the cam from Full (which is my default) to Partial (this immediately makes the feed work) and back to Full (it stays working). Only if I double click the Teleport source on the receiver OBS now the source goes black again and it can only be fixed by starting over.

What does work flawlessly is using a second OBS instance and sending the cam feed from there using the global Teleport output instead of using the filter.
Another thing worth noting is that using the same filter on a VLC Video Source that plays a video loop works just fine.

So something seems to be bugged with specifically the combination of the Teleport Audio/Video filter on video capture devices.
That's interesting. That may mean one specific color format may fail. Do you know what color format you have selected in the camera? So knowing what exactly to set (full/partial for example, is that im camera or obs settings) may help me to track it down.

P.S. 27.0.0 is the latest I can select. Not sure if there is a symbol being used only available in later versions..

YorVeX

1654549583147.png

That's what I had on the video capture device settings (OBS is set to 60 FPS and so is the cam).

I am sure now that I am fighting with two separate issues here.

Issue 1: related to the Color Range setting
  • If I set Color Range to "Partial" instead, then the green transmission problem is fixed and I will always see the cam feed in the cases where the connection works at all (i.e. I don't have issue 2).
  • But that only seems to be a problem with initialization, not with "Full" not being supported in general, because as stated above I can get "Full" to work if I switch to "Partial" and back - and I can see the difference in color, so the "Full" setting is actually effective.
Issue 2: initial connection for the filter teleport only works every 2nd time
In my test setup I have one sender OBS on the gaming PC and two receiver OBS instances on the streaming PC. The sender is transmitting a full Teleport stream as configured from Tools -> Teleport (called "Base") and another separate stream only for the cam capture device (called "Face Cam") by using the Audio/Video Teleport filter on this device. The two receivers receive both the "Base" and "Face Cam" streams as separate sources each. I leave the cam setting set to "Partial" for the sake of these tests so that I don't additionally run into issue 1.

In my earlier post I misinterpreted this issue to be related to the starting order of sender and receiver, but that was only a coincidence because I switched between both tests. After doing more tests I am sure the real problem is that it works on the sender side only after every 2nd OBS start.

The "Base" feed always works for both receiver instances every single time. But the "Face Cam" feed doesn't transmit anything to both receivers. Then I restart the sender and I also get the "Face Cam" feed on both receivers. Restart again, no "Face Cam" feed, restart again, feed is back, you get it, I tried 10 times to be really sure and it's consistent.

If I do the test with only receiver 1 I get the same behavior. And the part why I am sure that it's coming from the sender: if I only test with receiver 1 and e.g. it's working this time, then if I additionally start receiver 2 it will also get the feed. If I only test with receiver 1 and it's not working this time, then if I additionally start receiver 2 it will also not get the feed.

It's weird, maybe some clean-up is not performed by the filter at the end, then the next startup fails but some kind of error handler at least does the clean-up, so that the next start then succeeds again? All I can say is that it's not related to the network port. I set a fixed port for the filter and in both cases where the feed is transmitted and where it's not send I can see with netstat that OBS is indeed listening on that port (and stops listening as soon as OBS is shutdown).

YorVeX

BTW comparing OBS logs of a session where it works and a session where it doesn't isn't showing any difference and OBS Teleport doesn't seem to write its own log either, there is only the config file in its folder. Let me know if there is any more tests I can do.