Teleport

Teleport 0.7.1

Filip S

The teleport is so cool I tried on a small raspberry4 4GB model with 64bit debian bullseye and the aarch64 binary plugin and it works
both ways output and input on a scene - so maybe raspberry pi4 is not the best computer and its to weak to stream but
I just needed the "program out" hdmi signal to input for a old Tricaster 450 without NDI option.

Pox4eveR

That's a reaaaally great alternative for NDI
Is it possible to add alpha blending (something like we have on NDI plugin)?

Reason:
I do sort of a 2 PC streaming setup, but one PC sends a scene only with some alerts and stuff, but the game screen and monitor goes on the other OBS, that's why I use the NDI with alpha blending, otherwise I'd have a black screen!

Thanks a lot for this plugin!

Filip S

This teleport is so cool - I hope it would be possible to pipe a stream from ffmpeg | teleport or teleport | ffmpeg for maybe srt transmission,

This would be very power full using srt-tools to make a stream from network to network where final is in the teleport.

Current it needs OBS to read the teleport and restream output - I used ffmpeg with srt todo unicast to 127.0.0.1:4000
where OBS used the media source before SRT was working in OBS a fancy solution would be to end in a TELEPORT but
I really like that i was able to run the plugin on RaspberryPI4 - the rpi4 is maybe not so powerfull device but I can transmit
a greenscreen or some graphics like lower3rds via teleport "connection" while OBS on rpi4 is to weak to stream
the teleport broadcast from rpi4 does work - also the OBS can pull a teleport stream and showit in OBS program out
that I feed to a old Tricaster 450 without NDI acces/support from Newtek.

By the way if two computers try to pull a teleport from the same computer it will flicker - I don't know why but
it maybe doing som type of unicast but its very fast and this just something to avoid but I did have one obs running video meeting setup transmit teleport to a OBS connected to the tricaster video mixer and program output from the Tricaster was going to another OBS.

ad1562

Hey streamers,

I use the obs-ndi plugin and NDI Tools' Webcam Input to send my OBS production's A/V to Zoom. Can someone tell me if Teleport would work for my use-case, or is it just for multi-PC-streaming?

Thanks in advance for your replies :)

-Alex

Acey05

Sorry for the question, whenever I change Scenes it's adds some lag to the Video but the Audio stays the same value, the more I change the Scene the more the Video Lags.

Is there something I should be doing to avoid this outside of not changing Scenes?

Tuna

Sorry for the question, whenever I change Scenes it's adds some lag to the Video but the Audio stays the same value, the more I change the Scene the more the Video Lags.

Is there something I should be doing to avoid this outside of not changing Scenes?
Is that with the latest version? The plugin tries to suspend video decoding while it is not visible, but it may have a side effect when OBS tries to resync internally. If that still happens with the latest version i will just remove that part.

Acey05

Yep, latest version of OBS, including the update yesterday.

If it helps to narrow down the issue, the NDI Plugin will outright add a 2 Second Desync to the Audio instead everytime a new 3D Software runs or a Scene changes.

I didn't check with Teleport if Starting a new Software each time will increase the lag.

The Audio Filter doesn't seem to be affected by this (at least from my tests).

Tuna

I meant the latest version of this plugin, not OBS. I cannot reproduce the behavior. Changing scenes seems okay for me. Also check if the issues is also in the recording as monitoring may not be accurate.

Acey05

Oh, sorry, latest version of Teleport.

I will try reinstalling OBS and checking up on my Drivers for another test, will also try recording to see if the OBS Preview is being wrong.

Will take me a couple of days, since I will also check if before this I had the problem or not before the 27.2 updates (thing is, I remember not having this issue before the 27.2 updates).

Cheers.

Teleport no longer works, even after I moved the plugin from the directory where OBS Studio can see it to somewhere else where it cannot, then start OBS Studio, then move it back, then start again, and that's on the source and target systems. About to try a downgrade to see if that helps.

Any ideas?

Teleport no longer works, even after I moved the plugin from the directory where OBS Studio can see it to somewhere else where it cannot, then start OBS Studio, then move it back, then start again, and that's on the source and target systems. About to try a downgrade to see if that helps.

Any ideas?

UPDATE: I think it may have a lot to do with my firewall. I am using Comodo's firewall because I can't stand Microsoft's and it doesn't work with programs that are on filesystems on mount points. It -DOES- worth with the NDI plugin, both in discovery and transport. I've even tried adding OBS Studio in the whitelist to accept connections and send them out.

I also noticed one thing: Does the plugin use multicast for discoverability? That could be part of the problem here. I'm still working the issue here, so I will have further updates.

UPDATE: I think it may have a lot to do with my firewall. I am using Comodo's firewall because I can't stand Microsoft's and it doesn't work with programs that are on filesystems on mount points. It -DOES- worth with the NDI plugin, both in discovery and transport. I've even tried adding OBS Studio in the whitelist to accept connections and send them out.

I also noticed one thing: Does the plugin use multicast for discoverability? That could be part of the problem here. I'm still working the issue here, so I will have further updates.

UPDATE #2: I had to uninstall Comodo on the receiver machine. I can still keep it on the sender machine, which is okay as it's a primary desktop, while the other machine is solely an encoder. It is blocking reception of UDP traffic on the SSDP multicast receiving IP 239.255.255.250 and I have no idea how to fix it apart from uninstalling the software. Annoyed as hell, but it's not any fault of OBS Studio or the plugin. Apparently, SSDP DDoS attacks are a thing, but it doesn't seem to apply here.

--Katt. =^.^=

I just reported the issue as a bug to Comodo, including citing the apropos RFCs involved, RFC 5771, which is about multicast in general, and more specifically, section 10 governing IP block 239.0.0.0/8, as well as RFC 2365, which very specifically discusses the aforementioned netblock.

I made it clear to them that without this multicast support, I have no Teleport, and if I want Teleport, either I get rid of Comodo's firewall or I suggest putting in unicast broadcasts in Teleport as an option for firewalls like this.

--Katt. =^.^=

Tuna

Tuna updated Teleport with a new update entry:

• Sender allows multiple clients to receive the same stream.
  • Due to multiple senders the quality control has moved from the receiver to the sender.
  • Fix missing color matrices for RGB formats in filter mode.
  • Output creation has been delayed until GUI has finished loading. Fixes some occasional misbehavior on startup.
Note that the internal protocol has changed and is incompatible with previous versions. So all instances should be updated.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Tuna

Do I understand that the Teleport stream can now be routed by an ethernet switch ? and 1 sender can send up to 254 receivers ? That would be absolutely a game changer.
It is still unicast, not multicast. So each receiver will have full bandwidth load. If that was the question.