Teleport

Teleport 0.7.1

Tuna

Tuna updated Teleport with a new update entry:

• In several areas improve the behavior in case of unexpected behavior. Trying to recover the stream instead of quitting the OBS process.
  • Changed the network sending method to ensure only complete data is transmitted per chunk.
  • Reduce throttle timers to 100 ms. UI should be more responsive by that.
  • Try to better indicate that upon source creation you will have to refresh the stream list manually.
  • Fix a crash when OBS output mode was chnaged without restarting OBS.

Read the rest of this update entry...

BenAndo

This is a truly amazing plugin. Well done!
Just so you're aware I have encountered a bug. If I have a Blackmagic Decklink card with Decklink Output running and then go to enabled or disable Teleport it will usually cause OBS to crash. No crash report is generated as it hangs and then force closes. A workaround for now is to disable Decklink output, make the changes to Teleport and then re-enable Decklink output.

Tuna

If I have a Blackmagic Decklink card with Decklink Output running and then go to enabled or disable Teleport it will usually cause OBS to crash. No crash report is generated as it hangs and then force closes.

Thanks for the report. I could actually reproduce this when running virtual camera output. I don't think it is actually the outputs causing it, it is more a rare conditions that is triggered when they are running. I think I have fixed this and will be part of a next release.

Tuna

Tuna updated Teleport with a new update entry:

• Output properties now only updates after "Ok" is clicked.
  • Filter properties defer updates until "Apply" is clicked.
  • Both points above prevent short lived stream names when typing a custom identifier.
  • Fixed a potential deadlock when output is being stopped.
  • "Ignore timestamps" option is removed. Some timestamp work is supposed to be done in a future update.
  • Fixed some issues when source was not active.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Tried to use it with Magewell Capture Card - no video and audio feed if Teleport is directly applied as filter to the video source. Just works for program output currently for me which is not really my use case.....

Anybody for whom Teleport on source level works?

Tuna

Tried to use it with Magewell Capture Card - no video and audio feed if Teleport is directly applied as filter to the video source. Just works for program output currently for me which is not really my use case.....

Anybody for whom Teleport on source level works?
Not all video formats are properly supported at the moment. The plugin isn't very verbose when that is case unfortunately. If you switch to a 4:2:0 format it should work (tested on Linux). Maybe I will release another version later today that adds a handful of more formats.

Last edited:
First tests look promising. Thanks for support of additional video formats. Network bandwidth consumption however is huge - (YUY2 FULL HD 25fps around 160Mbit/s at Quality 90%).

Filip S

Maybe I am silly to ask but would it be possible to use ffmpeg with v4l2/srt input with teleport output or teleport capture to srt ?
I have found this I will try some day https://github.com/windows10luke/V4L2-to-NDI but I would like to avoid NDI ;)

By the way install on windows was easy just put the windows file in the C:\Program Files\obs-studio\obs-plugins\64bit
but I am trying to make it work on my ubuntu Linux and other plugins is installed in /home/user/.config/obs-studio/plugins/ but no luck yet but on the windows its cool so

Filip S

By the way install on windows was easy just put the windows file in the C:\Program Files\obs-studio\obs-plugins\64bit
but I am trying to make it work on my ubuntu Linux and other plugins is installed in /home/user/.config/obs-studio/plugins/ but no luck yet but on the windows its cool so

Now it works on my Ubuntu - the problem was I named the plugin directory "teleport" and It needed to be obs-teleport
this is a very cool plugin

r3dd3vil

Hello guys! Very interesting plugin!! In terms of cpu power usage how is this compared to ndi?
Also is a gigabit connection able to send 2 videos one incoming and one outcoming using this plugin from 1 machine to another?

r3dd3vil

i've tried the plugin but there is a problem, when i'm trying to send -game capture- window from obs on machine 1 to machine 2 there is no option to use the plugin. The teleport option on filters comes only available for video playback :/

Tuna

i've tried the plugin but there is a problem, when i'm trying to send -game capture- window from obs on machine 1 to machine 2 there is no option to use the plugin. The teleport option on filters comes only available for video playback :/
It currently works for Audio/Video filters only, not Effect filters.

r3dd3vil

It currently works for Audio/Video filters only, not Effect filters.
oh no :( is there a possibility to use it as effect in the future? Almost 90% of people using dual pc need to pass game footage from 1 pc to another so this will be very important

Tuna

oh no :( is there a possibility to use it as effect in the future? Almost 90% of people using dual pc need to pass game footage from 1 pc to another so this will be very important
Maybe, depends whenever I find the time and motivation to look into it. Or someone comes up with some draft code on how to copy the GPU buffer back to host memory. In the meantime you can still use the output functionality which works just fine with game capture. It is just not on scene level.