TeeBoard

Free TeeBoard v0.1.5 beta

DeezjaVu

DeezjaVu submitted a new resource:

TeeBoard - The Twitch Army Knife for Streamers

I'm currently working on a dashboard tool for Twitch streamers and recently released a beta version and I hereby invite you to try it out. This is still very much work in progress but it's coming along nicely.

Info

A desktop alternative to the online Twitch dashboard, with the ability to:
  • set your channel status (title, game)
  • manage channels of which you are an editor
  • watch / download your vods
  • run...

Read more about this resource...

MODERATOR EDIT

Manual authorization guide

DeezjaVu

Will this be coming with a way to read the twitch chat as well? Pretty much like how the old tool "twitch dashboard lite" did?
Nope, sorry. Not unless Twitch fixes their chat to actually work properly (in an embedded browser engine such as webkit).. so don't hold your breath :)
I personally use an IRC client (HexChat, XChat 2 for Windows). In case you're unfamiliar with using an IRC client, I have a few guides here: https://sites.google.com/site/deezja/news/twitch-irc

Nope, sorry. Not unless Twitch fixes their chat to actually work properly (in an embedded browser engine such as webkit).. so don't hold your breath :)
I personally use an IRC client (HexChat, XChat 2 for Windows). In case you're unfamiliar with using an IRC client, I have a few guides here: https://sites.google.com/site/deezja/news/twitch-irc

Well hopefully they decide to do that sooner or later, I just dislike having multiple things open for the same reason. Thanks for the amazing program though, I love the design of it!

DeezjaVu

Well hopefully they decide to do that sooner or later, I just dislike having multiple things open for the same reason. Thanks for the amazing program though, I love the design of it!
Glad to hear you like it :)
As for the chat and the extra window, even if a twitch chat was included, it would still be a separate window, so there's no advantage/disadvantage there.

About a year and a half ago, I worked on a Twitch app - a desktop stream viewer - which had chat implemented and was working 100%. The day I released it, Twitch broke the chat somehow. I then had some back and forth with their support and the end result was they don't care one bit. At first they even said it wasn't their fault and that they hadn't changed anything.. too bad I had a YouTube video (recorded prior to the release) showcasing the app fully functional, including the chat.

So now you know where I'm coming from. I have since then been using an IRC client and haven't looked back.

Jhonny Rosa

DeezjaVu i just want to say thanks for this amazing tool, i cannot live without it now, the scrobbler and clock widgets are very nice. Just One question, is there a way to change the clock text font?

DeezjaVu

DeezjaVu i just want to say thanks for this amazing tool, i cannot live without it now, the scrobbler and clock widgets are very nice. Just One question, is there a way to change the clock text font?
Glad to hear you like it !!
And I knew that question would come sooner or later. I'll put the answer in the docs at some point.. I swear.. but here goes:

For a digital clock you need a monospace type font (non-proportional font) so that each character - numbers in this case - take up the same amount of space. No problem there, as there are free ones available, but therein lies the problem. For a user to be able to display the clock with a specific font, he needs to have that font installed. In comes Flash with the ability to embed a font.. problem solved.. except that you can now only display the clock with that specific - embedded - font. Solution to displaying different fonts is then to simply embed more (monospaced) fonts, something I will look into. I just need to find a few more suitable monospace fonts.

Long story short, I'll look into it :)

bilehazard

Gotta say, this is a really clean and well put together app. Takes alot of the apps and plugins currently out there and combines them into one. Ill have to test it out once everything is useable.

DeezjaVu

Gotta say, this is a really clean and well put together app. Takes alot of the apps and plugins currently out there and combines them into one. Ill have to test it out once everything is useable.
Thanks, much appreciated. And yes, combining some of the often used / needed "things" that comes with streaming into one app is exactly what I'm aiming for.
The next update will include the donation integration with streamdonations.net which will pretty much finalize all the planned widgets (sauf the Count Down widget).

DeezjaVu

Is asking for ImRaising too much?
If it doesn't have an API, there's not much I can do and at first glance they don't provide an API for 3rd parties. I implemented streamdonations.net because - other than it provides a url to poll - a few of the private beta testers are using it.

Another donation provider that I might implement is donation-tracker.com as they also provide an API. I'm still on the fence on that one, as it's not 100% free (as they advertise). When making a donation, they have a slider that allows you to send money to the channel and to donation-tracker. The default is sending it to donation-tracker (at least last I tested it), which I think is kinda sketchy. If there's a demand for it, I'll implement it though.

nimh

Love the tool, but can't get follower notifications to work. I have added all of the folders to Trusted Locations Settings in flash player control panel. The clock widget can be edited, updated, and works perfectly when viewing locally in chrome, but the followers one does not fire when clicking Test. Am I missing something here?

DeezjaVu

Love the tool, but can't get follower notifications to work. I have added all of the folders to Trusted Locations Settings in flash player control panel. The clock widget can be edited, updated, and works perfectly when viewing locally in chrome, but the followers one does not fire when clicking Test. Am I missing something here?

Does it work using the preview in TeeBoard?
In TeeBoard:
  • select notifications
  • click the eye icon at the top right
  • enable the "Display on stream" option" (on).
  • click the "test" button
Make sure that before opening the preview in TeeBoard you don't have the widget running in the browser or OBS.

If that still doesn't work, copy the notifications folder from the install directory to your user documents directory.
The default install directory is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Air\Gip\TeeBoard. Copy the notifications folder (inside the widgets folder) to C:\Users\[USERNAME]\Documents\TeeBoard\widgets and confirm when asked to overwrite.

Restart TeeBoard and try the above steps again. Let me know if that still doesn't work.

nimh

Works in preview with the eye mode, works when double clicking and opening the swf in flash player in \Documents\TeeBoard\widgets. But does not work when viewing teeboard-notifications.html in chrome. I tried copying over the folder as you stated above, overwrote files, still no luck when viewing the html file, or adding the html file into OBS with CLR Browser plug-in. So it seems to be half-working.