System requirements

Kellbranch

Hi!

I have tried to create a stream to Zoom from OBS using shared cameras (from 2 cell phones) with obs.ninja. However it is lagging quite a bit as soon as I start the virtual camera stream in Zoom.

Maybe I have to poor computer performance and/or internet connection. I have MacBook Pro with an Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB graphics card, a 3,1 GHz Dual-Core Intel I7 processor and 8 GB of RAM. The internet connection is via wi-fi so if differs between 50-70 Mbit/s.

Is there any hardware savvy users that can tell me if that is not enough? Maybe the connection is to strained when I use the same wi-fi for the streaming cell phones, OBS and the Zoom broadcast?

Lawrence_SoCal

How old is that CPU? which model?
see pinned forum post about posting a log file (which will capture CPU model info)

And laptops, optimized for battery life, not the computationally demanding task of real-time video encoding can sometimes struggle depending on settings.

I recommend monitoring hardware resource (CPU, GPU, RAM, etc) utilization to see if your system is being maxed out with your settings

Kellbranch

Ok, i didn´t catch that at first. I will try to attach it to this message.

Attachments

• 2021-03-23 08-49-53.txt
    13.7 KB · Views: 42

Lawrence_SoCal

09:28:34.533: Video stopped, number of skipped frames due to encoding lag: 20845/57773 (36.1%)

Basically your OBS encoding settings are asking more of your PC than it is capable of. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than I might be able to suggest some settings to reduce hardware demands