Neryss
New Member
Hi,
Before starting ; I'm using Arch and Hyprland, both updated. I've used OBS on linux for the past 2 years to stream on linux without any issues.
Now for the issue, I didn't use obs for 2 months~ and started using it again recently, however I've noticed that having OBS launched makes my system audio crackle even when not recording or streaming. The crackling is inconsistent and sometimes doesn't appear for a minute and just triggers for a second, but sometimes it appears frequently and lasts for several seconds.
This issue still appears on recording (as seen in the attached file) and streams.
I was using the obs-studio-tytan652 package from the aur but I also tried to use the obs-studio-browser 32.2.0-4 package, both have this issue. I also tried to switch to an older Hyprland version which didn't fix it.
The only thing that "fixes" the issue is to launch it in xwayland mode using `GDK_BACKEND=x11 QT_QPA_PLATFORM=xcb obs` which I wasn't using before.
Here's a video of the issue happening when recording
The latest log is attached too, sorry for the fetch error spam, it's just my song display script which isn't related to the issue.
Before starting ; I'm using Arch and Hyprland, both updated. I've used OBS on linux for the past 2 years to stream on linux without any issues.
Now for the issue, I didn't use obs for 2 months~ and started using it again recently, however I've noticed that having OBS launched makes my system audio crackle even when not recording or streaming. The crackling is inconsistent and sometimes doesn't appear for a minute and just triggers for a second, but sometimes it appears frequently and lasts for several seconds.
This issue still appears on recording (as seen in the attached file) and streams.
I was using the obs-studio-tytan652 package from the aur but I also tried to use the obs-studio-browser 32.2.0-4 package, both have this issue. I also tried to switch to an older Hyprland version which didn't fix it.
The only thing that "fixes" the issue is to launch it in xwayland mode using `GDK_BACKEND=x11 QT_QPA_PLATFORM=xcb obs` which I wasn't using before.
Here's a video of the issue happening when recording
The latest log is attached too, sorry for the fetch error spam, it's just my song display script which isn't related to the issue.