Stutter while recording

cees09

Hi,

Lately I'm having an issue while trying to record. The first few seconds it works fine but later it starts to stutter in the preview and when I open the video, certainly the whole video stutters as hell. Can't tell if it is a PC issue with CPU/GPU, while I'm recording the average amount of % used of cpu and ram is around 25%

I have disabled the AMD Radeon Desktop recording, just to make sure its not causing any issue and windows game mode also. I changed the file format to flv, mkv (mp4 is the one that I always used) and lower the bitrate from 50000kbps to 2500kbps, resolution down from 1080p to 720p, fps from 60 to 30 and nothing seems to make it better.

I'm adding the logs, any help appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• 2021-02-02 19-10-08.txt
    15.4 KB · Views: 21

FerretBomb

You may need to do a slightly longer recording test, and make sure the stutter happened during the test recording... the one in that logfile is only about 10 seconds long.

The only thing out of the ordinary in that log is that apparently you have two identical GPUs registered, including the same PCIe address for both of them. Are you running SLI (or AMD's equivalent)? If not, you may need to uninstall your GPU drivers, perform a DDU cleanup, then install the GPU drivers 'clean'. If you are running SLI, do be aware that it tends to cause significant issues with OBS and most other livestreaming software.