Streaming WebM with Icecast2 it crashes after few seconds

Tormy

Hi,
When I setup OBS 26.0.2 (but I got the same with older versions) to work with Icecast 2, it starts the recording.
As soon as I try to connect with a Browser OR after let's say 20-30 seconds I don't do anything (whichever occurs first): OBS crashes.
Here my settings and in attachment the log

O.S.: Windows 10
Crash report: https://obsproject.com/logs/A7oKaTcw3DrMGWJk
Last log file: https://obsproject.com/logs/_h_Qx6403XuGq1TY
1603230994016.png

Attachments

• OBS Fault.txt
    150 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

thefredo1000

Have you got any success with this? I think it's not a problem with icecast since I'm doing exactly the same but with https

Tormy

Have you got any success with this? I think it's not a problem with icecast since I'm doing exactly the same but with https
If I was getting success, I was posting the solution. Unfortunately it looks like no one cares about :-/ neglecting the great potentials of this configuration.

Beside this, as you said, you are using HTTPS. I think you are under Linux. Because under Windows (to me) it doesn't work :-/
If instead you are under Windows, can you please post the required ICECAST settings?
I find the ones on the manual quite poor.

I have the 2.4.4

Thank you

thefredo1000

I'm on Windows using HTTPS :/, but I'm still looking for a solution. If I find something I'll post about it too.

Thank you

Tormy

I'm on Windows using HTTPS :/, but I'm still looking for a solution. If I find something I'll post about it too.

Thank you
Can you post the settings of ICECAST2 under WINDOWS in order to sue HTTPS, please?
I tried several times: it doesn't work. It seems that Icecast 2.4.4 has not any support for HTTPS under windows (yet)

P.S.About my issue or better: our common issues, I tried on OGG Video, but the mode THEORA is not compiled with OBS. I got the info on GITHUB they will do in a next release. I do hope. Perhaps, with it, we can do something that avoids the crash

Last edited:

DeadDred

With windows OBS to Icecast is buggy. I did mange to gt it working with overriding some files from a different version of OBS but when I tried on a different windows system the set up didn't work like on the first one. This works really good on Linux though.

Reason I wanted to use Icecast was so I can use any of the ICecast control panels to have dj schedules and have different logins for each DJ.

Tormy

With windows OBS to Icecast is buggy. I did mange to gt it working with overriding some files from a different version of OBS but when I tried on a different windows system the set up didn't work like on the first one. This works really good on Linux though.

Reason I wanted to use Icecast was so I can use any of the ICecast control panels to have dj schedules and have different logins for each DJ.
Ah ... and so far is no one working to solve these issues under windows?
I mean: with OBS+Icecast it's possible to get a full independent and open source streaming system, for audio as well as video. Even protected by PWD and under HTTPS. Why is this not considered? :-/

DeadDred

Ah ... and so far is no one working to solve these issues under windows?
I mean: with OBS+Icecast it's possible to get a full independent and open source streaming system, for audio as well as video. Even protected by PWD and under HTTPS. Why is this not considered? :-/

I'm guessing not enough interest from OBS user so OBS devs don't care. Also guessing the days of wanting to experiment with icecast and shoutcast and wanting full control of your stream are fading away as online services are everywhere with instant audience.

When I got it working on my windows 7 laptop I was a bit excited then it fell apart when I had a friend to the same thing on this laptop and it didn't work. Also there is a portable version of OBS which I haven't tested yet. So if you got it working locally you can give the portable version files to someone else already with the settings/file differences saved.

Also look into NGINX/RTMP streaming I think MediaCP is overhauling their CP to include dj scheduling using NGINX.