Question / Help Streaming to Instagram using obs

Garage Gym Life

Sagi I'm using the iOs plug in with OBS will that stop Loola from working with OBS? I've already installed the OBS Virtual Cam Plugin but it's not pulling up the option to use OBS as a camera.

Evandeburca

@YellowDuck Im streaming from obs to facebook, youtube, periscope and other rtmp's via restream. All of these are in 16:9 ratio but instagram live is 9:16 is there any solution to this?
Even if I could reduce the size of the 16:9 to fit into the vertical instagram live, that would be nice.

kpkacts238

@YellowDuck Im streaming from obs to facebook, youtube, periscope and other rtmp's via restream. All of these are in 16:9 ratio but instagram live is 9:16 is there any solution to this?
Even if I could reduce the size of the 16:9 to fit into the vertical instagram live, that would be nice.
Did you ever figure this out? I'm running into same problem.

Xlink

Would also like to find a solution to this - any word??

dannybatista

Just rotate your canvas when streaming to insta, in OBS: that's what I do for my regular insta streams.

I'm still looking for a restreamer that will rotate canvas automatically though. @dannybatista on insta. Castr and restream don't do it.

jondoasam

How do I stream live to the main feed of Instagram? when I used yellowduck.tv with OBS, the stream appears through "Your Story" link on the instagram account, which the user would have to click; however, the live video does not appear on the main feed/instagram-feed as one were to stream using a phone

jondoasam

Also, is there a way to save the OBS streamed video in Instagram's "Your Story" to IGTV? Am I correct in that videos in the "Your Story" area will be automatically deleted after 24 hours?

Vladimir Sobolev

On Instafeed.me you can share your live to IGTV (up to few days after your live was finished) or publish to stories (if available on your account)