Streaming profiles allow saving details for various streaming services

Ryan Johnson

Currently, OBS Studio deletes your account details when you switch to another streaming platform, including the stream key and account details. This is annoying if you intend to stream on multiple sites for different things, such as gaming for Twitch, and IRL for YouTube. Make it so that credentials are saved in profiles. It's surprising this hasn't been suggested already (based on a cursory search).

Actually, to make this more useful, this should become a full-on settings profiles thing, because streaming to different services, you have to optimize the encoder settings and resolutions.

1565403947197.png

Last edited:

WizardCM

Forum Moderator
Community Helper
Service/connection are definitely linked to profiles, but it's not perfect. You may have to quickly click 'Connect Account' for it to retry and properly load the account.

In terms of your suggestion, splitting connections to a separate toggle (away from Profiles) is something we have discussed, and as far as I can tell we'd eventually like to do it, but nobody is working on it at the moment.

Ryan Johnson

Service/connection are definitely linked to profiles, but it's not perfect. You may have to quickly click 'Connect Account' for it to retry and properly load the account.

In terms of your suggestion, splitting connections to a separate toggle (away from Profiles) is something we have discussed, and as far as I can tell we'd eventually like to do it, but nobody is working on it at the moment.
That is not what I am talking about.
I'm saying there SHOULD BE a profiles feature that lets you load ENTIRE SETS of settings that work together. I'm not referring to the user profiles online that are accessed via the "Connect Account" button. This is an entirely different definition of the word "profile". Users should not need to re-enter all their stream details and change the encoder settings every time they want to swap to a different service.
There would not be a toggle at all. It would be a list of profiles that you created from within OBS Studio, and each of these would contain all of the settings, including stream details, encoder details, hotkeys, etc. Let me know if that clears it up.

WizardCM

Forum Moderator
Community Helper
That is not what I am talking about.
I'm saying there SHOULD BE a profiles feature that lets you load ENTIRE SETS of settings that work together. I'm not referring to the user profiles online that are accessed via the "Connect Account" button. This is an entirely different definition of the word "profile". Users should not need to re-enter all their stream details and change the encoder settings every time they want to swap to a different service.
There would not be a toggle at all. It would be a list of profiles that you created from within OBS Studio, and each of these would contain all of the settings, including stream details, encoder details, hotkeys, etc. Let me know if that clears it up.

...yes, I'm saying OBS already has this.

2019-08-11_18-29-38.png

Scene Collections contain scenes. Profiles contain most of everything else, including the connected service and the encoder settings.

Ryan Johnson

...yes, I'm saying OBS already has this.

View attachment 47073

Scene Collections contain scenes. Profiles contain most of everything else, including the connected service and the encoder settings.
Wow. Thanks for pointing this out. I'd like to see this get some more attention, maybe make it more integrated into the UI's workflow than a simple dropdown menu.

WizardCM

Forum Moderator
Community Helper
Wow. Thanks for pointing this out. I'd like to see this get some more attention, maybe make it more integrated into the UI's workflow than a simple dropdown menu.
I agree, it's definitely something we'd like to do. Just need someone to come up with a good Qt-compatible design, and someone else to develop it.