Question / Help Streaming from Propresenter Windows to OBS Mac

TatianaCR18

Hi, I work for a church and we have two computer, on one computer(MAC) we use for streaming and the other computer(Windows) we use Propresenter 6. We need to send information from Propresenter to OBS.

Right now, on the MAC computer we can see the computer but it doesn't receive any info from the Windows Computer.

I need several things:
1. What are the requirements to connect both computer? Right now, we are connected via private WIFI and our speed is 150Mbps
2. How can I configure the MAC and the PC in other to communicate between them.

Much appreciate your valuable help.

Arjan24

Hi TatianaCR18,

To answer your questions,:

1. What are the requirements to connect both computer? Right now, we are connected via private WIFI and our speed is 150Mbps
- You can use only one cable which is CrossOver type cable, no need for WIFI device, it is more faster.
- Just connect the two laptops (Windows PC or Laptop to your MAC directly via LAN port directly each other.
- You can buy a Crossover type cable (not Straight-Through type) or create your own by buying lan cable and RJ-45 and follow the Crossover type LAN cable, just ask uncle google on how to crimp :-)

- All you need to do, is both LAN adapter config to Manually settings example:
10.0.0.2 - is your MAC
10.0.0.3 - is your WINDOWS
Make sure your both wifi signal for MAC and Windows should at different source to avoid conflict
- Install NDI plugin to OBS and install vMixDesktopCapture on your windows to detect on MAC OBS - NDS plugin

Thats it!

I did it on our church and it works.

Just let me know your output then.

BR,
Arjan

NBCRI_Ken

Hi TatianaCR18,

To answer your questions,:

- You can use only one cable which is CrossOver type cable, no need for WIFI device, it is more faster.
- Just connect the two laptops (Windows PC or Laptop to your MAC directly via LAN port directly each other.
- You can buy a Crossover type cable (not Straight-Through type) or create your own by buying lan cable and RJ-45 and follow the Crossover type LAN cable, just ask uncle google on how to crimp :-)

- All you need to do, is both LAN adapter config to Manually settings example:
10.0.0.2 - is your MAC
10.0.0.3 - is your WINDOWS
Make sure your both wifi signal for MAC and Windows should at different source to avoid conflict
- Install NDI plugin to OBS and install vMixDesktopCapture on your windows to detect on MAC OBS - NDS plugin

Thats it!

I did it on our church and it works.

Just let me know your output then.

BR,
Arjan
I have propresenter on windows on a hard wire network connection. I also have OBS on a mac with a hard wire network connection. Do I need to run anything from both computers or can they see eachother over the network? What's the best way in this scenario for propresenter to send lower thirds to OBS?