StreamFx & M1 Mac Mini

NOAverse

Howdy!
As some of you have already noticed, it is now possible to use StreamFx as an Apple user. Although I followed the steps and checked them 3 times ... I was unable to get StreamFx to work. Has anyone already had a positive result?

I would be very happy to receive positive feedback.

To be on the safe side, here is the checklist again:

1. Download the latest Production or Testing release of your choice for MacOS.
  2. Open the recently downloaded archive and extract its contents to /Library/Application Support/obs-studio/plugins/StreamFX.
    • Technically the actual directory to extract to is /Library/Application Support/obs-studio/plugins, but for some unknown reason Apple decides to hide the top level directory in archives.
  3. Open OBS Studio and wait for it to show a dialog about loading StreamFX.so, click cancel, then quit OBS Studio.
  4. Open Finder and go to
  5. Right click (or "command click") on StreamFX.so and select Open, which should show a window about unverified developer/untrusted binaries.
  6. In the window that appears, select Open in order to allow the file to be loaded by other applications.
    • If the window does not appear, you have to manually tell MacOS that OBS Studio will open it. This can be done with the Open With -> Other... menu, where you just select OBS and hit ok.
  7. Done, you can now launch OBS Studio and StreamFX should load.
source: Xaymar | Github
_

Big Sur V. 11.2.1 Mac Mini M1 8GB - 512GB
Tested on OBS & OBS.Live V. 26.1.2