Stream Freezes Whenever I Alt + Tab from app

JeffeTheExtremo

As the title states, when I stream and open any game, it ends up freezing if I alt + tab. I'm not sure what to do because even when I had gone to the analyzer, it only stated that I was on Windows 10 and that's all. Here is my most recent obs log

Attachments

• 2023-01-12 00-15-00.txt
    9.6 KB · Views: 43

sandrix

Try the tips from this thread.

JeffeTheExtremo

Try the tips from this thread.
My settings doesn’t even have the option for the gpu hardware scheduler, and a lot of these other options don’t seem effective considering how the op responded

sandrix

Ok.There are no errors in your log and it does not contain a stream session. Do you have a crash report?
Install the latest Visual C++ package
Return to OBS Studio 28.1.2

JeffeTheExtremo

Ok.There are no errors in your log and it does not contain a stream session. Do you have a crash report?
Install the latest Visual C++ package
Return to OBS Studio 28.1.2
I don't have a crash report because obs doesn't crash. The stream just doesn't show the game and gets stuck on one of the loading screens even though I am way past it. Here is a new log with a stream added onto the log.

Attachments

• 2023-01-12 01-02-54.txt
    11.4 KB · Views: 10

sandrix

Try deleting and re-adding Game Capture. I recently read that in obs 29.0 the game and desktop capture sources should be updated. Although this is unlikely to help. In any case, try reverting to an earlier version of OBS. Unfortunately, your log does not point directly to the error.

JeffeTheExtremo

Try deleting and re-adding Game Capture. I recently read that in obs 29.0 the game and desktop capture sources should be updated. Although this is unlikely to help. In any case, try reverting to an earlier version of OBS. Unfortunately, your log does not point directly to the error.
I had just installed obs and also tried deleting and re-adding the Game Capture. I guess I’ll just go back to an older version