Stream does not look crispy

DantesLifee

FIRST POST EVER.
So can someone explain why my stream does not look crispy? I guess I would explain it as pixelation. I know people say to stream at 6k bitrate, I have been streaming at 10k. I know, I know, twitch apparently does not support over 8k bit rate, but even when I streamed at 6k,8k and 10k they all had the same issue. No frame drops in game or obs. Here is my vod, current obs settings, and last log file from my test stream. Thanks in advance guys.
VOD:https://www.twitch.tv/videos/657807554
OBS settings https://gyazo.com/1905cb3a23872a63ebc0d97f000e7977
900p 60fps stream
COMPUTER SPECS-i9-9900k
SLI 1080s,
32GB 3200mhz
Internet: 1GB UP and DOWN (fiber)

Attachments

• 2020-06-17 20-19-31.txt
    84 KB · Views: 43

qhobbes

1. Audio buffering hit the maximum value. This is an indicator of very high system load, will affect stream latency, and may even cause individual audio sources to stop working. Keep an eye on CPU usage especially, and close background programs if needed. Restart OBS to reset buffering.
2. The version of Windows you are running has a limitation which causes performance issues in hardware accelerated applications (such as games) if multiple monitors with different refresh rates are present. Your system's monitors have 2 different refresh rates, so you are affected by this limitation.

To fix this issue, we recommend updating to the Windows 10 May 2020 Update.
3. Display and Game Capture Sources interfere with each other. Never put them in the same scene.
4. OBS is not running as Administrator. This can lead to OBS not being able to Game Capture certain games. If you are not running into issues, you can ignore this.

Start with those.

DantesLifee

1. Audio buffering hit the maximum value. This is an indicator of very high system load, will affect stream latency, and may even cause individual audio sources to stop working. Keep an eye on CPU usage especially, and close background programs if needed. Restart OBS to reset buffering.
2. The version of Windows you are running has a limitation which causes performance issues in hardware accelerated applications (such as games) if multiple monitors with different refresh rates are present. Your system's monitors have 2 different refresh rates, so you are affected by this limitation.

To fix this issue, we recommend updating to the Windows 10 May 2020 Update.
3. Display and Game Capture Sources interfere with each other. Never put them in the same scene.
4. OBS is not running as Administrator. This can lead to OBS not being able to Game Capture certain games. If you are not running into issues, you can ignore this.

Start with those.
WOW, thanks so much. I will run the test within the hour, if nothing changes, I will update Windows over night.

1.) I run a triple monitor setup, my top monitor is a 120hz ultrawide, would it help to connect that monitor to my 2nd 1080?
2.)I have yet to have any cpu spkies inside of OBS but what could I change with my audio so its not a crazy load?
3.)As for the game capture, I stream Destiny 2 which does not allow it to hook so I just added display capture, and forgot to remove the game capture, I am assuming it still interferes in someway.
4.) Would my elgato hd60 pro have any effect either? I have been using hardware encoding on that as well through the elgato gamecapture settings, which I just switched to built in software about 10 minutes ago.

qhobbes

If you can't update to Windows 10 2004, then set all your monitors to 120hz.
Close any unused background programs.
Although I'm cat person, I'm not familiar with the elgatos.

DantesLifee

If you can't update to Windows 10 2004, then set all your monitors to 120hz.
Close any unused background programs.
Although I'm cat person, I'm not familiar with the elgatos.
So I had SLI enabled, disabled it, plugged my ultrawide into my 2nd 1080 and also changed it to 144hz. The main reason I had it set to 120hz was because of the ghosting, but judging I only use it as a viewing monitor, ghosting wont be an issue now. Is there any downside to streaming with SLI enabled?

DantesLifee

Even after everything, even resetting my pc, stream is still blurry. I have a pretty tank setup and GB internet. Just cant seem to find the issue.