STREAM DISCONNECTS & RECONNECTS

JVL

Hi,

Does anyone her experience sudden disconnection and reconnection of stream during the first 30mins. I have observe this issue with my streaming for the past 2 weeks already.

I already did the following troubleshooting recommended by the ISP but to no avail :
  • Before streaming like restarting the router
  • Replacement of router LAN Cable to a new one
  • Disconnection of optical unit power supply for 60 seconds then reconnect

10950572097.png

ISP Subscription - 35 MBPS Unli Fiber (solo user)

OBS Settings.PNG

OBS Advanced.PNG

I also tried changing facebook live stream server provided by the facebook creator studio in case of server issues being encountered. I already raised a report to my ISP but I am also trying luck if anyone here can see the issue since I have no background in IT.

Log File:
https://app.box.com/s/ei0m1fusi68y73z0r8k8nru3y6yx3u1p

Thanks much.

Attachments

• 2021-02-18 15-02-23.txt
    32.3 KB · Views: 20

JVL

first question did you use you connection alone ?
what router did you use Type and manufacturer

Yes, sadly I use that 35mbps connection alone but still it DCs. The router is the standard manufacturer provided one made by ZTE as with any local ISPs here in my country.

Lawrence_SoCal

Are you in Facebook's gaming level up or whatever its called program?
your stream settings don't match what Facebook recommends for regular streaming (that I recall, for my non-game streaming for last 11 months)

15:43:48.093: Output 'adv_stream': Number of dropped frames due to insufficient bandwidth/connection stalls: 848 (41.8%)

is that a Hong Kong reference in your connection server? ie great firewall of China possibly interfering?

https://obsproject.com/wiki/Dropped-Frames-and-General-Connection-Issues

your bitrate looks low for 1080p 60fps, though obviously you'll need to fix stream throughput issue first

JVL

did you have any VPN software installed ? or a programm thats rerout you like this shitty gameboosters or so ?
Nope, I dont have any VPN being used for my mobile game nor my has my desktop has a builtin VPN that I recall using or turning on.

JVL

Are you in Facebook's gaming level up or whatever its called program?
your stream settings don't match what Facebook recommends for regular streaming (that I recall, for my non-game streaming for last 11 months)

15:43:48.093: Output 'adv_stream': Number of dropped frames due to insufficient bandwidth/connection stalls: 848 (41.8%)

is that a Hong Kong reference in your connection server? ie great firewall of China possibly interfering?

https://obsproject.com/wiki/Dropped-Frames-and-General-Connection-Issues

your bitrate looks low for 1080p 60fps, though obviously you'll need to fix stream throughput issue first
Yes, I am in the Level Up creator program for FB.GG. The hong kong or taiwan server is the default server for the Philippines as the only choices are for those two. As for the bitrate, I lowered it to try and compensate the my shitty connections hoping I wont get disconnected.

JVL

Does anyone here see any logs regarding my ISP, FB nor OBS is at fault or any indications of such?

Hipnosys

I'm having the same issue and it's actually why I created a profile.

It's disconnecting on Youtube AND Twitch. There's no dropped frames. No signs that my connection was lost. It even still says it's streaming but Twitch and Youtube says "Stream Ended" when I haven't ended the stream.

Lawrence_SoCal

Does anyone here see any logs regarding my ISP, FB nor OBS is at fault or any indications of such?
An OBS log can only indicated if bandwidth/network congestion. It can't determine and there makes no indication if cause of that is
- local LAN (like WiFi), your own router/firewall, security software, etc (ie between OS and your own router)
- or local WAN connection / modem/cable issue or basic provisioning level (ie between modem and ISP head-end)
- or ISP congestion at peering point or elsewhere along overall path to destination (ie from ISP head-end to destination.. The issue could be your ISP or an upstream ISP)
all of that is for you to determine, and has nothing to do with OBS.

My general recommendation is to do a basic test of overall upload throughput
- learn basic network monitoring (Task Manager - Performance tab, or Resource Monitor) or similar app
- to be a valid test, needs to last many minutes (10,20,30 or more). short test don't tell you much, especially in regards to streaming
- I recommend a basic non-compressible file (many GB) to something like OneDrive, Google drive, etc and monitor throughput
for example, if you can sustain a 10mb/s upload on a file upload, then a 5000 kbps stream should be doable, though port / destination filtering or peering congestion can impact being fine to one destination and not another.