Question / Help Stream disconnects at exactly 30 minutes every single time

Ghost Blade

This is an OBS issue, 25.0.8 version is total trainwreck for me, I cannot stream for longer than 1-2 minutes without having my ethernet disconnected. However before giving up I tested the earlier 24.0.3 version which worked flawlessly, 4 hours into the stream without any issues.

moey_c

Same here OBS audio starts getting TONS of static usually around that 30 min mark then sounds like were underwater. I have to CLOSE OBS then restart stream losing lots of viewers to fix it!

yes, same issue, and i don't think it's downstream of OBS. the recurring issue of OBS choking around the 30 min mark happened to me during a streaming event this past weekend. this time, i had been recording the stream thru OBS which is unusual for me. when i checked the recording, i heard the audio start to degrade around 30 minutes in and then drop completely within another minute or so. restarting OBS does not solve the audio problem (not a viable workaround in a livestream anyway) but if i restart the computer entirely, i can get audio back on a fresh stream. definitely could use help/advice! a 30 minute limit for consistent, quality audio output is unacceptable.

no hotkeys enabled, no output timers set
mac laptop, 10.13 OS
brand new router, 5G wireless network

moey_c

can't seem to edit my previous post above ^^ so log file from saturday night's issue (again, a recurring one) is attached...

Attachments

• OBS log file 2020-12-12 19-00-56.txt
    20.5 KB · Views: 4

Gr3ghammett

So from personal experience I believe the issue is related to a System Resource issue.

The reason why I say this is becaue this issue suddenly creeped up for me on my Linux Mint partition late last year, and I reformatted that partition and the issue cleared up. I slowly, but surely, installed more items and fixes and now 4 months later, it happens to me again. Except for me, both cases has been EXACTLY at the 10 minute mark.

There are no other applications that have any issues with resources, and I have tested with no background processes running (validated with TOP for Linux [windows users would use Task Manager])

Judging by my experience and the situation, I believe the issue does lie within OBS using but not properly releasing resources, hence creates a memory leak and causes users to experience this. OBS developers will need to guide us on how we can give them performance dumps/logs to give to them to show how OBS is utilizing resources on our systems to validate if it's a memory leak, and if so, give them a view as to what OBS Code is doing that is not freeing up system resources, while still taking up more resources.

Late last year I have engaged ISP and Twitch, and both while working with me realtime saw a termination come from the host. Also pointing to the OBS app and its resource usage.

Edit: Google Search led me here. I know this is a MAC section, but i think between all 3 platforms (WIndows, MAC and LInux) that this should be treated seriously by the OBS Devs as an issue affecting all platforms.