Stream Constantly fluctuating from 0kbps to stable

Shadowfex

About 6 months ago, my streams have become completely unstable. I streamed with the exact same settings, on the exact same system, for almost 4 years with very few issues. While I'm not ruling out my ISP just being crappy, it's the same ISP I've had the whole time. They can't/won't do anything as they keep saying there's no issues on their end. I also don't seem to have any issues with any games, VCs, or downloading so I'm just not sure. So, I'm making sure it's 100% not me.

Normal settings: 3000 bitrate (went all the way down to 1000 and no help), 192 audio, tried both software and nvenc, tried all speeds. tried both 2k res (downscaling to 1080p and 720) and 1080p canvas downscaling. Nothing has helped. What confuses me is: before 8 months ago, I had 35mb down and 5mb up internet and OBS was 100% more stable than now. I currently have 1k down and 20 up. It will be stable for about 10-30 seconds, then seems to drop into the hundreds and sometimes down to 0. Then back up after a few seconds. I only see this in OBS and not in-game or watching videos.

I'm very much at a loss because I'm almost sure it's my ISP having a backend issue that they refuse to change/fix. And no, unfortunately I don't have another ISP option where I currently live. The only other "test" I could perform was piggy backing off my cell data which is like 2mb up. Dropped down to 1000kb and it "seemed" a little more stable, but not much. With cell data speeds it's hard to tell. PS: also tried using a VPN to avoid throttling and it just made it worse.

I know it's most likely my ISP, but if anyone has any ideas, I'd be perfectly happy to try them. Thank you.