Question / Help Stream 1080P 60FPS

Infectedhunter

Hi, I'd like to stream at 1080P 60fps but when I am trying to, my cpu hit 100%,so I am wondering what's the best settings on obs to do it.
spec :
Intel core i7 8086K
gtx 1070 aero
16 go ram 3000 Mhz

Thanks a lot for helping me and sorry for my bad english!

Elixerin

Hi, I'd like to stream at 1080P 60fps but when I am trying to, my cpu hit 100%,so I am wondering what's the best settings on obs to do it.
spec :
Intel core i7 8086K
gtx 1070 aero
16 go ram 3000 Mhz

Thanks a lot for helping me and sorry for my bad english!
Can you provide a log? that cpu is a beast and should be able to handle 1080p60 encoding but this ofcourse depends on the cpu usage preset you used and the game you are trying to run with it concurrently.

Infectedhunter

Is that what you asked by " providing a log " ?
screen 1.PNG
screen 2.PNG

My cpu never reach more than 72° on full streaming so i don't think that it has something to do with the cpu himself
Ps: I'm trying to stream fortnite

Last edited:

BK-Morpheus

Why on earth should anyone use 1600x900 as a base resolution and than upscale it to 1920x1080?
In my opinion you should use your monitor resolution as base canvas and set the output resolution to the same or lower resolution, but not higher.

If your CPU struggles to encode 1080p 60fps, simply reduce the CPU load by switching from x264 medium preset to faster or very fast preset.
When you use the Streamlabs Branch of OBS, you should ask Streamlabs for support.