Question / Help Strange blurriness in preview.

AfunaM

For my set-up I have 2 pc. I use NDI and they are hard lined together. 150-200Mbs usually. I have streamed a few games now and they all like great. Crisp clear and what is to be expected for the settings I use.

The issue comes with FFXIV where it looks like this. This is in the preview when make full screen (1080p). Not even how it looks on my actually stream page where it looks a bit worse after encoding. I've scoured settings and tried searching but can't find any similar issues that are game specific. I noticed if I look straight at the sky the blocking clears up. That makes me think it is bitrate limitation on ndi side, but that seems impossible since a local recording at 50Mbs looks great. So why would a 200mbs stream look like this?
unknown.png

Last edited:

Narcogen

Your attachment can't be viewed.

I have seen that certain kinds of content tend to freak NDI out.

For instance, I did a recent playthrough of Black mesa, and the green screen effects of falling into poison/radiation areas in that game didn't cause OBS any problems, but made the NDI feed glitch out, produce artifacts, and stutter.

AfunaM

That should have fixed the image I think. Interesting I want to avoid just duplicating my display into a capture card ideally but looks like that may be the only way.