Stereo to mono conversion while adding MXF files

SisogCotigPpl

Hello there! I'd like to report a slight issue while using MXF (Material Exchange Format) files. For some reason, the program converts stereo sound to mono. When I open an MXF file in a video editor, it shows "Stereo", but when I open in OBS and then go to advanced audio properties, I can't see pan slider. Then I thought the program automatically converted stereo sound to mono. May you please fix this bug?
1653821334171.png
1653821396879.png

Here's my current log file: https://obsproject.com/logs/z-4Jj7y-oEym44iJ

PaiSand

What's mfx file format?
Stereo files are reproduced as stereo as long as the codec supports it. OBS uses ffmpg which decodes most common file formats and others not so common.

SisogCotigPpl

What's mfx file format?
Stereo files are reproduced as stereo as long as the codec supports it. OBS uses ffmpg which decodes most common file formats and others not so common.
From what I've heard in Wikipedia, Material Exchange Format (MXF) is a container format for professional digital video and audio media defined by a set of SMPTE standards.

konsolenritter

Even VLC seems to be unable to play MXF files correctly. As you see the format isn't wide spread, still.

Possibly you can play it stereo via the vlc sources mechanism in OBS when following the hints behind