Resource icon

Starcraft 2 Scene Switcher 2014-10-07

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
R1CH submitted a new resource:

Starcraft 2 Scene Switcher - Automatically switch between scenes based on SC2's game state

Tired of forgetting to switch scenes in OBS when you alt+tab in and out of SC2, or in between games? This program will help you out by automatically switching to specific scenes in XSplit or OBS based on three possible game states:

• Inside SC2, in game
  • Inside SC2, out of game
  • Alt+tabbed out of SC2

Scene switcher for OBS requires 0.47a or higher version of OBS. Older versions of OBS will CRASH, do not attempt to use this plugin with them! At this time only the 32 bit...

Read more about this resource...

Grimio

R1CH, is the 32 bit restriction due to the 32/64 bit game capture plugin? Will it work with the test version which will hook into 32 bit games even with 64 bit OBS?

SHOT(by)GUN

This is excellent plugin and works well for me in 32 bit obs... But I would like this plugin to work in 64 bit version aswell please =)

Zephiris

Ireality said:
How does this thing determine the scene? I mean is it possible to adapt for other games / programs?

I would also love to be able to adapt this to other games, like League of Legends for example. :)

Warchamp7

Forum Admin
I think the SC2 switcher relies on some registry entry or something to determine where in the Starcraft menus you are, which is something most other games don't do.

League of Legends however, due to it's two application nature, is easy to set up with this general scene switcher plugin

seawave

(sorry for my english, i'm french XD > written message by google translation :/)

I noticed a problem with this plugin
Scene of the game switches when loading the game,
It would be preferable that appears when the game starts and not during loading!

Would it be possible to have a patch to fix this problem ?

otherwise, great job! ;)

have you understand me?

Thanks. Seawave

Carefoot

seawave said:
(sorry for my english, i'm french XD > written message by google translation :/)

I noticed a problem with this plugin
Scene of the game switches when loading the game,
It would be preferable that appears when the game starts and not during loading!

Would it be possible to have a patch to fix this problem ?

otherwise, great job! ;)

have you understand me?

Thanks. Seawave

Pretty much this is the only reason I manually switch scenes so it doesn't butcher my layout for the watching audience. Plus it makes my VODs look unprofessional, and I would also like a x64 version which would run better on my system.

Rich if you out there set up a donate button or any way we can help support I hate forgetting to use this or the manual scene switch I normally use.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
I'm fairly certain that the scene switch for SC2 is done based off a registry key being set for use by the Razer SC2 keyboard/headset. Apparently, that registry key is set when the game starts loading rather than when the game actually starts. If that's the case, then there's not really much that can be done to fix it.

babytazz6100

i've reformatted my HD and maybe i've hit my head one too many times, but i cannot get this plugin to show up in the obs program. sc2sceneswitcher.dll is in both the plugin folders of 32 and 64 bit. will not show up in either programs.

might anyone be able to shine a light for me?

Skuggrekyl

Downloaded this plugin and noted that it would work in Heroes of the Storm, but when I try to use it the scenes won't switch at all. Works fine with SCII, as expected, so I don't really know if there's anything I've done wrong? Would be nice to see if there are any solutions to this!