Spikes in render lag with low CPU usage

danielpz227

I'm currently experiencing a VERY annoying issue where I keep on getting render lag spikes and dropped frames even when I'm not streaming or recording. I have a 2 PC stream setup so theres usually nothing else running except SE.OBS and maybe Stream Labels. I have a RTX 2080 and a Ryzen 7 1800x with 16GB of memory. My CPU usage stays around 40% and GPU goes up to about 60%. This issue only started recently and my internet speed is roughly 500mb down and 30mb up.

I've created a new scene collection with nothing in it, I've switched between x264 and NVENC, disabled Look-ahead and psycho tuning, and even downscaled my gaming PC base canvas to 1080p. I'm not sure what else to try in the situation and I feel like Im going crazy.

Attachments

• 2022-05-23 21-50-53.txt
    92.3 KB · Views: 22

PaiSand

You're using SE.live plugin. Please contact them for support.
Alternatively, uninstall it. Then uninstall and reinstall OBS in order to fix the changes made by this plugin. Now please do a test stream/recording of more than 30 seconds and post the log file here.

danielpz227

You're using SE.live plugin. Please contact them for support.
Alternatively, uninstall it. Then uninstall and reinstall OBS in order to fix the changes made by this plugin. Now please do a test stream/recording of more than 30 seconds and post the log file here.
I uninstalled the Stream Elements plugin and did a reinstall of the latest version of OBS Studio. I also fully removed and reinstalled the OBS NDI plugin on both my stream and gaming PC with no luck. Even without streaming, I can still see my render lag is already at 2 - 3% even when Im not streaming or recording anything.

Attachments

• 2022-05-24 09-11-57.txt
    35.1 KB · Views: 16

danielpz227

After doing some testing, I've discovered that the render lag is specifically being caused by the NDI OBS plugin. I did a complete reinstall of OBS and removed all settings and scenes (after backup of course) and when I do not have OBS NDI plugin installed, I DO NOT get any render lag. As soon as I install the plugin, the idle render lag sits anywhere from 1.2% - 3% with spikes up to 4.5%.

PaiSand

Check for updates on the plugin, and ask the creator of this plugin about the issue. He/She probably have more knowledge on this.

danielpz227

Check for updates on the plugin, and ask the creator of this plugin about the issue. He/She probably have more knowledge on this.
I've decided against doing any troubleshooting on this as the issue is persistent even when using NDI outside of any integrated OBS plugins. I've decided to just purchase a capture card instead to circumvent any networking related issues that may be occurring. Thanks for your input @PaiSand