SPEC RECOMENDATIONS

DohBoy

So I want to see if anyone knows what specific settings are best optimized for my PC specs. I have a vague idea through trial and error but I'm trying to avoid turning certain settings up that don't work well with my current hardware (for example had color range to full instead of limited and apparently that wasn't good) or are causing me to create larger files than necessary. I would like to utilize my PC to the fullest but don't want to worry about overclocking or anything similar to accomplish it. Any help is greatly appreciated and hopefully I can keep my issues with capture to a minimum after this.

So PC specs are:
Monitor: 2560x1440 144Hz Refresh
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti
RAM: 32GB
1TB SSD
15 TB External SSD
Windows 10

Currrently running OBS with following settings: Advanced OBS settings.pngAdvanced OBS settings.pngAdvanced OBS settings.png

Advanced OBS settings.png

Let me know if you need me to add any other information about specs!

deFrisselle

Try the Configuration Wizard It does a pretty good job, making it a nice starting point for setting up a configuration Try that then test out recording or streaming and Adjust from there If you have any issues, just post back here in the forums with a log of a recording or streaming session

DohBoy

Try the Configuration Wizard It does a pretty good job, making it a nice starting point for setting up a configuration Try that then test out recording or streaming and Adjust from there If you have any issues, just post back here in the forums with a log of a recording or streaming session
I did that but I think I overstepped my bounds awhile ago. So may just have to start over. Also any idea why it would recommend NVENC H.264 over the HEVC?

DohBoy

Might have to do with your GPU being bottlenecked by your CPU
HEVC uses more CPU usage than H.264
HONESTLY this may be the thing that is making my files lost. Not sure why but between the CPU usage being a little heavier and the compression of the files, I think somewhere in there where I may be losing my files' integrity so this advice has so far fixed the major issues I was running in to. Hopefully it stays consistent.