Source Record

Source Record 0.3.2

juans16

plugin seems to be buggy on me OBS 28. Sometimes it was either recording a different scene and sometime it didn't record the audio
yes I am have similar issues plus I cannot record good quality video with sound. only using x264 encoder. I am trying to use my NVIDIA NVENC H.264

yes I am have similar issues plus I cannot record good quality video with sound. only using x264 encoder. I am trying to use my NVIDIA NVENC H.264
Actually I found my problem. The source has to exist in the current scene in order to record properly. If I navigate to another scene that does not contain the source, it won't work.

juans16

Actually I found my problem. The source has to exist in the current scene in order to record properly. If I navigate to another scene that does not contain the source, it won't work.
I figure that out but still have problem. I am trying to record a nested scenes in the source and it record the entire scene including my camera. i just want to record the nested game scenes within the source. Aso not sound on the recorded video when I use Nvidia encoder

I have to see how your scenes and sources are setup, but I too record nested scene too and all looks good visually. As for your audio, it won't capture if your audio settings in source record are default. I had that problem before and end up doing this:

I have voicemeeter with VB cable. I used audio monitor plugin to direct my nested scene audio sources to VB cable. Then I create a audio output source (outside of the nested scene) using VB cable. On my source record setting, I change my audio to record from the VB cable audio output source.

juans16

I have to see how your scenes and sources are setup, but I too record nested scene too and all looks good visually. As for your audio, it won't capture if your audio settings in source record are default. I had that problem before and end up doing this:

I have voicemeeter with VB cable. I used audio monitor plugin to direct my nested scene audio sources to VB cable. Then I create a audio output source (outside of the nested scene) using VB cable. On my source record setting, I change my audio to record from the VB cable audio output source.
the audio i create a separate audio using the application audio capture. but still no working

juans16

I think I figured out. the plugin does not support nvida NVENC or any other codec. only software or x64 work find. I ran multiple test.

I see your image. I might be deceived from what I see here but:

1. I presume you turn on/off the source record manually by going into the filter menu and click the visibility icon. I do not see anything wrong in this.
2. I do not think application audio capture would work. You have to choose an audio driver speaker output. That is why I use VB Cable.

juans16

NVENC don't work, but NVENC h.264 is okay on me
not for me. If I use NVEN h.264 i get my camera and everything else on screen. can you double check that. I mean it record but if you open up your camera or any other images, text or what ever does the source only record the source or does it record everything on screen ?

juans16

I see your image. I might be deceived from what I see here but:

1. I presume you turn on/off the source record manually by going into the filter menu and click the visibility icon. I do not see anything wrong in this.
2. I do not think application audio capture would work. You have to choose an audio driver speaker output. That is why I use VB Cable.
I use Touch portal to enable the plugin and disable it. but for testing purpose I did it both way manually and also using Touch Portal. If I add the desktop audio it actually work. No using the application audio just using separate audio. but again only using software of x64 encoder

not for me. If I use NVEN h.264 i get my camera and everything else on screen. can you double check that. I mean it record but if you open up your camera or any other images, text or what ever does the source only record the source or does it record everything on screen ?
My pc being strange. It stop working with NVENC h.264 and did what you said. BUT - when I switch to just NVENC, now it works properly.

Flummo

@Exeldro

Sorry to bother you with this request as it might have been already requested but would it be possible to make Source Record make use of multiple audio tracks OBS has already in place? My knowledge of coding is way too limited (but i do understand that it would need another 'when' before going into 'if'). This would give most creators the freedom to better adjust audio in an NLE like Premiere Pro, Da Vinci etc. when the audio layer and microphone layer are on seperate tracks.

cinnamontoast

Exeldro submitted a new resource:

Source Record - Record a source using a filter

Read more about this resource...
Something I noticed. My M1 computer is my recording computer. My iMac is connected to it that's where I do all my work. And since none of the plugs in or rather some don't work in the latest OBS update I downgraded to the 27.2.4. So what I notice is I have every thing set up properly but the source coming through the HDMI (my iMac) doesn't record full length. If I unplug it Source record works fine but something with the HDMI it doesn't record full length. Is anyone else having this issue? And is there a m1 update coming for it?

Thanks.
Great tool. I just want to use it thoroughly.

MattTheGinge

Not sure if this is a bug or I just cant find it, But when I source record any 'Video Capture device' with a replay buffer, I have hotkey options to "Save replay" for that specific source, however if I source record window or game captures, I do not have the option to assign a hotkey to "save replay" for that source, I only have the hotkey options to enable/disable source record. What I'm trying to do is have a hot key to record the last ~60 seconds (using replay buffer) of each source to capture highlights without recording the entire stream.

D.O.Sarash

i've got some issue with the plugin

i add the filter for the scene source and start recording
but the file i got is the whole stream not the scene i added the filter

i'm not sure if i did something wrong or the plugin only works with the source (like camera / display capture) but not the scene

thanks in advanced

Acey05

Small question, does Source Record bypass the OBS Rescale and actually records the image size (instead of 720p, it records at the original 1080p)?

Taironzen

Small question, does Source Record bypass the OBS Rescale and actually records the image size (instead of 720p, it records at the original 1080p)?
Hello i want to tell you that is recording only the base (canvas) resolution for source record so if you set it to what resolution you want then is going to record only on that base (canvas) resolution if you dont believe me then you can test it out.