Source Clone

Source Clone 0.1.4

swolekat

Would it be possible to have this clone the current or previous scene? I'm looking to add a freeze filter and do some other things based on what is currently shown.

tinodo

When using this plugin, for me, after a few seconds, the Source Clone shows nothing. I have to disable/enable (hide/show) the item the cloned source is on to make it work again. What could cause the clone top stop functioning?
This happens, apparently on "nested clones".
I have a camera I clone twice on a Scene.
This scene is cloned on other scenes...
I'm using it very extensively. I run into this issue as I am preparing to finally move from OBS 27 to 29...

Last edited:

tinodo

This *might* actually be an OBS 29 issue.

I have narrowed it down a little; When I display 2 scenes over each other in a scene (so using Nested Scenes), both with a camera Source Clone, this is when after 7~8 seconds or so, nothing is shown (both source scenes go blank).
When I hide/disable the "lower index" (lower Z-index) source scene, everything works and keeps working. When I enable/show that source scene again, after 7~8 seconds, everything goes blank.
Both of these source scenes use a clone from the same camera source.
an 'example':

sourceclone.png

tinodo

Pfew... a lot of troubleshooting later... it appears it's caused by the Freeze Filter on a Source Clone... When I disable the Freeze Filter, the problem is gone. Of course, there's a reason I want to use the Freeze Filter on the source... But apparently there is an issue with that...

therealdadbeard

Yeah there is some issues when cloning scenes that sources inside them are just not properly working. I have a cloned scene and when sources inside them get triggered they play the first frame then then just stop and freeze

ddflink

Thank you Exeldro for this plugin! I have a virtual green screen filter that i need to add to the clone, however what appears on top is only audio filters not audio/video filters. is there a way to enable that? Thank you!

Exeldro

@ddflink a filter like "NVIDIA Background Removal" is available under effect filters. I would suggest finding a filter that not requires the source to be async or ask the creater of filter. If the filter can be added on a scene or group, it can be added on Source Clone.

ddflink

@ddflink a filter like "NVIDIA Background Removal" is available under effect filters. I would suggest finding a filter that not requires the source to be async or ask the creater of filter. If the filter can be added on a scene or group, it can be added on Source Clone.
Thank you Exeldro. What do you mean if the filter can be added on a scene or group, it can be added on Source Clone. How can i do that without affecting the source camera (if the filter doesn't appear in effects)? I don't have a NVIDIA video card

autoharplive

Source Mirror will eventually drift into a completely different direction anyway. The current implementation is annoying to work with for all parties involved, and blocks of so much that could be possible with it.
Thank god. That whole repo is toxic

Observer1

Thank you Exeldro for this plugin! I have a virtual green screen filter that i need to add to the clone, however what appears on top is only audio filters not audio/video filters. is there a way to enable that? Thank you!
Where do I download the green screen plugin?

Exeldro

@KattPhloxworthy are you cloning a scene that has multiple audio sources? Are the audio sources active? Are the audio sources enabled on an audio track? Does the audio meter indicate audio for the Clone? Are audio tracks for the Clone enabled?

@KattPhloxworthy are you cloning a scene that has multiple audio sources? Are the audio sources active? Are the audio sources enabled on an audio track? Does the audio meter indicate audio for the Clone? Are audio tracks for the Clone enabled?

Respectively:

I have tried cloning scenes with either a single audio source or multiple audio sources.

When cloning a scene multiple audio source scene, I've tried with all active or just one active in the cloned source.

In both single- and multiple-source cases, all audio-capable sources in the original scene were outputting to all six tracks.

In the scene with the source clone source itself, the meter is completely quiet.

All tracks in the source clone source are enabled.

If there's anything further you need from me, please let me know.

Thanks!

--Katt. =^.^=