Source Clone

Source Clone 0.1.4

Kamelot

Love it!!! I know it's first version, but could be nice if you can list scenes too. Works if you write it manually instead.

ASchneider

Thanks for this @Exeldro! I can finally stop using the source mirror from streamfx. Do you think it would be possible to not show any audio source in the mixer, when audio is set to disabled? I can still see the audio source there... Also, could you provide more information about the buffer system? Another suggestion is to add the final output and preview as sources, just like Downstream Keyer has, I think it would make more sense to have this feature here. Thanks a lot, you are a star!

Last edited:

Exeldro

@ASchneider made a fix for the showing audio, coming in the next release, test build available in GitHub actions
The buffer can help when you have an source that takes much resources to render and you want to use multiple times, so it renders once to the buffer and is drawn from the buffer when rendered.
I am not sure about adding the final output as option yet.
I am thinking about adding a feature to support audio from scenes.

ASchneider

Thanks for the information @Exeldro! I've just tested the built you've made in actions and I can confirm it is working great, no audio source showing in the downmix when disabled. Thanks!

BruSnow

I had a hard time trying to use it with options Half or lower with Virtual Greenscreen from StreamFX and Remove Background from NVIDIA.
When I activated Virtual Greenscreen, the cloned source became streched. When deactivated, it goes back to original form.
With Remove Background from NVIDIA it does not remove background at all most of the times.

Exeldro

@BruSnow just tested with NVIDIA Background removal and it worked but gave me a warning I needed to update my SDK. After the SDK was updated it stopped working, but also on my not cloned sources.

Xaymar

@Kib Similar but not the same, more features will be added to Source Clone which will differentiate it more from Source Mirror
Source Mirror will eventually drift into a completely different direction anyway. The current implementation is annoying to work with for all parties involved, and blocks of so much that could be possible with it.

Kre$taxx

I might be missing something... but sourceclone does not clone media source property checkboxes. Im using GIF, but need it to loop as it does in the OG source. But the cloned source fades out of existence.

Attachments

• SourceClonePropertiesNotCopied.PNG
    SourceClonePropertiesNotCopied.PNG
    5.8 KB · Views: 71

ASchneider

Hello @Exeldro! It seems that there's something wrong now with the audio toggle. When I set the source to active, it doesn't matter if audio is enabled or disable, it always shows the audio in the mixer. This test is pulling audio from a scene that I've selected to clone: https://streamable.com/gpsz2t

Exeldro

@ASchneider what I see in the video is expected behavior so far as I see now. When the "Active Clone" option is enabled the clone will set the original source to active when the clone becomes active. When the original becomes active it will show in the audio mixer. Because this is unwanted in most cases the option is disabled by default.

ASchneider

@Exeldro if I understood it correctly, you had on you change log that audio in the mixer would only be shown when the audio checkbox was enabled. In my video, you can see that I had a couple of audio sources (from the scene that I was cloning from) was showing all the time when “active” was enabled, toggling the “audio” checkbox did not made those audio sources to not show there.

Change log: Only show audio when audio is active

For example: I need to clone that scene but I don’t want the audio from it. I have to set it to active, so it would render that scene 100% of the time but audio sources would still show in the audio mixer.

I was testing your test build and audio sources were only shown in the mixer when “audio” was enabled, which is not case with the latest build.

Sorry if I’m not understanding it right :)

Exeldro

@ASchneider the "Only show audio when audio is active" is for showing the clone in the audio mixer, when cloning a scene the clone will not show in the audio mixer in this version, because a scene is not an audio source