Question / Help [SOLVED] OBS 22.0.2 Browser Source not functioning (grey/blank screen)

Enockeyz

Hello!

Been pounding my head against this one for a few hours. I cannot seem to get the browser source to display any content, not even with the default settings when creating a new source- just a grey/blank screen.

View attachment 39483

Wiped OBS and downloaded the latest version, tried triggering the hardware acceleration on/off. No luck in any version I've tried in fact. Seems that all the "fix tutorials" out there for browser source were for older versions of OBS where the browser plugin needed to be added manually at install, but my problem has not been it failing to show up in the source list, but rather the source itself just not displaying anything inside the source. Not many resources for troubleshooting 22.0.2 yet.

Wondering if something else is blocking access and not sure how to decipher the logs as it seems to be reporting multiple issues? I'm on a Windows 10 desktop.
Would love some advice, thank you!

I have been experiencing the same problem with my browser source, but as soon as I unchecked hardware browser acceleration in settings, my browser returned to full functionality!!

MNDL

I am using Asus FX505dt r5 3500h+1650mobile

My SOLUTION is as follows and it works:

1. In the OBS application select 'SETTING'
2. Choose 'ADVANCED' and scroll to the 'SOURCES' parameter
3. unchecked 'ENABLE BROWSER SOURCE ACCELERATION'

chezzstreamer

"Settings" -> "Advanced" -> "Sources" -> "Enable Browser Source Hardware Acceleration"

This works fine for me. Untick it if it wasn't done earlier.

Attachments

• OBS browser sources .jpg
    OBS browser sources .jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 145

uglyeoin

I had this issue when I have closed the tab that I set up the source with. After I set the source again it sets the new tab and everything works. BUT next time I record I need to do it again. If anyone has a better solution that would be amazing.