Question / Help [ SOLVED ] Input lag on games when opening OBS

msqar

I'm currently using the Streamlabs version, but this used to happen as well on normal OBS. Whenever i open OBS, i detect input lag on keyboard & mouse while playing, (Fortnite at the moment but happens with all games).

It's weird since i got a decent PC, specs are:

i7 7700K
1080 Ti OC
16GB DDR4 3000Mhz
Wired Logitech Mouse & Keyboard (so no battery problem)
Gsync 1440p monitor at 144hz using Unlimited FPS config on Fortnite.

FPS are way too good, around 180-200+ all the time. But this input lag is driving me crazy. If i close OBS, it stops.

Is this normal? I tried the Configuration Wizard, and nothing.
Tried setting up myself, nothing. Attempted so many things, read so many forums.

Can anyone help me? If OBS config data is needed, i can attach some screenshots too.

Last edited:

msqar

any ideas? :( still happening, tested a lot of stuff that was mentioned in the forum but still... is this a normal thing? would i need to get used to this input lag if i want to stream?

Is your Windows Desktop refresh rate also set to 144hz? Also, what happens if you minimize OBS? And do you have a second monitor at a lower refreshrate?

1531069434927.png

1531069487655.png

msqar

OMG yes, i got 2 monitors.

1) is the DELL 1440p @ 144hz w/ Gsync
2) is BenQ 1080p @ 60hz.

I use the 144hz to play Fortnite ofc, 1st is for streaming purposes, it would make sense if it's a refresh rate issue lol :O due to input lag, frames are super okay while OBS is opened, 150-200+ fps all the time with Unlimited option, not locking it up in-game.

OMG! i just found that when i opened OBS, checked the refresh rate on my 144hz monitor, and it put it down to 60hz!!! that makes sense, but why is it doing this?

msqar

Nice!!!!! you were right, ma' man!!! it works like a charm now, opened Nvidia settings, put it back to 144hz@1440p res and now i got everything opened and no suttering/input lag! Thanks man! Bless you!