Skipped frames due to encoding lag, some missed frames too

qhobbes

1. Using Windows Update, update Windows 10 to 2004 or 20H2/09 if available per https://obsproject.com/blog/five-simple-tips-for-new-streamers
2. Change the refresh rate on your monitor from 300 to 60 Hz and cap your games at 60 FPS. This is just to establish a baseline, you can change these later.
3. Audio buffering hit the maximum value. This is an indicator of very high system load, will affect stream latency, and may even cause individual audio sources to stop working. Keep an eye on CPU usage especially, and close background programs if needed.

Occasionally, this can be caused by incorrect device timestamps. Restart OBS to reset buffering.

Source affected (potential cause): Desktop Audio
4. Use the following recording settings:
Encoder: NVENC
Rate Control: CBR
Bitrate: 6000 Kbps
Keyframe and B-frames: 2
Preset: Quality
Profile High
Look-ahead and Psycho Visual Tuning: not checked
This is just to establish a baseline, you can change these later.
5. Settings, Advanced, Video, set Color Format to NV12
6. Record to MKV or FLV. If you record to MP4 or MOV and the recording is interrupted, the file will be corrupted and unrecoverable.

If you require MP4 files for some other purpose like editing, remux them afterwards by selecting File > Remux Recordings in the main OBS Studio window or enable Auto remux in the Advanced settings.

If still having issues after making those changes, post new log.

carlmmii

20:21:36.326: video settings reset:
20:21:36.326: base resolution: 1920x1080
20:21:36.326: output resolution: 1920x1080
20:21:36.326: downscale filter: Lanczos
20:21:36.326: fps: 60/1
20:21:36.326: format: RGBA
20:21:36.326: YUV mode: None
RGB mode forces rendering on the CPU. Also, it prevents using normal Nvenc:
20:48:22.059: [jim-nvenc: 'recording_h264'] nv12 not active, falling back to ffmpeg

Set your color format back to NV12, try a new recording test, and post the resulting log file.

fieldgoal00

I just played COD for the first time since the Season 2 update last night and with my I7-10700K & RTX3090 while streaming through OBS I was getting "Frames Missed due to rendering lag". It is always 0, however last night while streaming COD it had like over 3000 frames missed.

FerretBomb

I just played COD for the first time since the Season 2 update last night and with my I7-10700K & RTX3090 while streaming through OBS I was getting "Frames Missed due to rendering lag". It is always 0, however last night while streaming COD it had like over 3000 frames missed.
Please don't hijack someone else's thread. Your problem is almost definitely NOT related to the OP's.
Start your own thread, and post a logfile from a live streaming or recording session where the issue occurred, and we can take a look.